PDA

View Full Version : More KPN Action, 10/10/10

fishinone
10-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Maimon and I went out at 3pm looking for boils.

I went straight to yesterdays spot to check out the action there. On my 2nd cast while I was making excuses, telling Maimon that the birds had been working the cove the day before, I got hit subsurface on a straight retrieve after a long cast out to the point. I wasn't adding any action, just reeling at a medium speed. I think this is the first fish that I caught on the back hook of the KPN Topwater Mini Shad.

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/Castaic%2010-10-2010/IMG00217-20101010-1555.jpg
Look! The back hook! I had begun to wonder why it was there.:Razz:

We were a little slow responding to surface action yesterday. The birds would point out a spot or we would see small boils, I would fire up the motor, then Maimon would say "Wait wait I've got my lure out and I'm untangling a knot.".:Rolls Eyes: Then we would do it again the same way a little later.:Shocked: He kept reeling loops onto the spool then casting them out causing knots. If he hadn't been using my pole, I would have thought that it was bad line.:Neutral:

While he was untangling a knot once, I saw a swirl on the point, then his lure in the water near the swirl, so I cast in another direction. I heard a blowup looked over and the KPN was gone. I asked is that you and he said "Yea I think so.". After about 15 seconds the lure popped back up. Later, when he was complaining that I hadn't put him on fish, I asked him if he wanted more than having the fish swim around with the lure in it's mouth.:Razz:

I picked up a couple more fish and had one other get off because I had my drag too tight. The line was 20 lb. test but the fish lip, was not.:LOL:

We took some time and cruised the lake looking for better action. We found some boils in the middle of the ski arm, stopped on them but didn't get a hit. The striper were coming right out of the water right near us but I couldn't see what they were chasing. Whatever it was, it was tiny. They didn't want the big lures right then.

We went back to the active cove but nothing was going on. Then we cruised the shore checking similar coves for action without finding any on the way to the ramp. We pulled up stakes a little early since the action had died down.

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/Castaic%2010-10-2010/IMG00218-20101010-1918.jpg
Here are the fish at the end of the day.

kpn
10-11-2010, 02:11 PM
Great job Ron!
Those lure looks familiar :Wink:.

I was up there early this morning after dropping some lures at Gallions.....I was very slow, only saw some stripers popping just out of casting range in the west ramp area.
Left after an hr fishing.....Went home make more lures :LOL:.

Khanh.

fishinone
10-11-2010, 02:28 PM
Great job Ron!
Those lure looks familiar :Wink:.

I was up there early this morning after dropping some lures at Gallions.....I was very slow, only saw some stripers popping just out of casting range in the west ramp area.
Left after an hr fishing.....Went home make more lures :LOL:.

Khanh.

It's very important that you make more lures. When will they be ready?:Razz:

koifish
10-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Ron

nice catches... I'm very busy this week... see if I can sneak out for some actions...

CAPT'N
10-11-2010, 06:50 PM
Nice Ron, you have been hittin it pretty good.

I was there Sunday from open to 12:30 on a friends boat.

We got 8 fish.......All within about 40 minutes.

Cappy