PDA

View Full Version : Saddlebag lake?

dpt325
10-11-2010, 07:02 AM
I was wondering if anyone knows if saddlebag lake is open for fishing? Im heading up this weeked and plan to fish on friday the 15th. My girls first trip up to the sierras and i want to make it a memorable one by catching some trout for dinner. Were camping in yosemite and i plan to head up tioga pass into saddelbag on friday. Once up there i plan to hike to cathedral lakes for some fishing, hopefully theres something up there. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

TROUT MASTERS
10-11-2010, 10:17 AM
Saddlebag sould be open,unless weather changes overnight.but you will have alot of fun
out there,if saddlebag if too cold or windy,try tayoga or ellery lakes.
I'm trying to take my 3 boys up to gods counrty 4-5 times when season opens.
Good luck
Trout masters ....:Cool:

SierraPeaks
10-11-2010, 11:15 AM
I was wondering if anyone knows if saddlebag lake is open for fishing? Im heading up this weeked and plan to fish on friday the 15th. My girls first trip up to the sierras and i want to make it a memorable one by catching some trout for dinner. Were camping in yosemite and i plan to head up tioga pass into saddelbag on friday. Once up there i plan to hike to cathedral lakes for some fishing, hopefully theres something up there. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

The lake is open for fishing until the season closes. But I would definitely check with CA Highway Patrol on road conditions and check the weather forecast before going. Things change up there in a heartbeat and it's no place to be stuck...especially with kids.

sierraslam
10-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Was there on Saturday and there was 6 inches of snow on the ground. the road is open, the lake is open, but the store and boat taxi are closed. The fishing is good, it's just your feet get cold in the snow.

dpt325
10-12-2010, 07:20 AM
Thanks for the input guys im really looking forward to catching some trout up there. Im from socal and normally fish the offshore tuna grounds but this year has been horrific, no tuna for me this year. So i think that fighting a nice trout on 4 pound test will be awesome. Once again thank you guys and i will post some pics uponf my return.

Kunihiro
10-12-2010, 08:06 PM
dpt325,

if you get there early enough, park close to the restroom facility at the end of the road and hike down the hill to the lake. The boat dock and store will be on your left, around the bend. Park yourself right where you hike down to the lake. Chartreuse and any mixtures of P/B should yield you good results. Generally, I use 12" to 18"2 lb. flurorescent leader with a #18 treble.

Kunihiro
10-12-2010, 08:13 PM
good luck and dress warm