PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful day at Bport 10/9

billy b
10-10-2010, 04:48 PM
Gorgeous day ... water was like glass until about 3 ... unusual fishing streak.

Trolled most of the morning and only got one 2# rainbow on a MS Shad 98. Later lost my lure on a sudden break off. Usually when I troll ... a snag takes longer to break off ... this was immediate and sudden ... a big fish? ... whaddya tink?

Then we anchored and caught over 20 in a little over 4 hours ... 95% of them were over 1.25 lbs ... NC's ... the new Salmon Peach ... and new Rainbow garlic ... but the best was near the end of the day with Chunky Cheese.

Couldn't ask for a better day ... good friend with me ... good weather ... boat ran well ... and fishing was excellent ... AND ... only a little over an hour's drive home.

Good Fizhun to y'all

Trout 1
10-10-2010, 06:04 PM
Sweet!!!!! Good day...try the jigs at all??

Andrew

sb fishing
10-11-2010, 06:53 AM
Nice Billy!!! We were out also, fishing is great right now 100+ fish this weekend.

billy b
10-11-2010, 08:53 AM
Sorry to say I didn't have the jig stuff with me ... so much to carry to the boat. I did try a couple of plastic worms ... pink (maybe a hit) - orange gulp - but no love ... was using a split shot just a little bigger than a 3/0 ... thought later I should have tried a little bigger ??? I'm still disappointed with my Mirage which is labeled a 7'6" but is the same length as my 7 foot GLoom from reel to tip. It has a butt that is too long ... IMHO