PDA

View Full Version : Indoor fishing ponds?

Ifishtoolittle
10-10-2010, 12:12 AM
Do these exist in Cali? It would be a great place to go to when one cannot fish out in the rain.

smokehound
10-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Do these exist in Cali? It would be a great place to go to when one cannot fish out in the rain.Well, you could always ninja-fish the aquarium of the pacific. :LOL:

Trout Doctor
10-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Well, you could always ninja-fish the aquarium of the pacific. :LOL:

hahahaha! If you pull that off you go from a mere Ninja to a true Ninja Master!

pasadenafishin
10-11-2010, 06:14 PM
troutdale..........

DarkShadow
10-11-2010, 09:08 PM
...when one cannot fish out in the rain.

Why wouldn't you be able to fish in the rain?

God invented Gore-Tex for a reason. ;-)

SierraPeaks
10-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Indoor fishing ponds ?

If I ever saw one of my buddies at something like that...I'd have to kick his asse just for general principle.

BufordT9
10-11-2010, 10:08 PM
Indoor fishing ponds ?

If I ever saw one of my buddies at something like that...I'd have to kick his asse just for general principle.

Agreed..that is what would happen.

Seņor.Chilax
10-12-2010, 09:33 AM
Indoor fishing ponds ?

HAHAHA! Too funny!

Redsyn
10-12-2010, 10:59 AM
when i visited my family in hong kong I actually fished a indoor pond/pool for shrimp. I think the rods were lighter than ultra light rods we have here and it came w/ a floating bobber tied in the middle of the main line. Oh the line was connected to the tip of the rod and there was no reel. at the end of the line under the bobber were 2 really small hooks and you hook tiny pieces of liver so the shrimp can grab it and you just pull them out. You are able to grill and eat hatever you catch there. Believe it or not but it was fun and since the rod was so light it felt like the shrimp is putting a pretty good fight.

fishinone
10-12-2010, 11:14 AM
You could buy an aquarium.

Ifishtoolittle
10-12-2010, 11:42 AM
Well, you could always ninja-fish the aquarium of the pacific. :LOL:

Yeah I should shouldn't I? Bring 30lb, 2 speed boss magnum on a phenix for a BSB? LOL!

Ifishtoolittle
10-12-2010, 12:11 PM
Why wouldn't you be able to fish in the rain?

God invented Gore-Tex for a reason. ;-)

I could but I just dislike getting my car all muddy.

Ifishtoolittle
10-12-2010, 12:14 PM
troutdale..........
Great, thanks!

when i visited my family in hong kong I actually fished a indoor pond/pool for shrimp. I think the rods were lighter than ultra light rods we have here and it came w/ a floating bobber tied in the middle of the main line. Oh the line was connected to the tip of the rod and there was no reel. at the end of the line under the bobber were 2 really small hooks and you hook tiny pieces of liver so the shrimp can grab it and you just pull them out. You are able to grill and eat hatever you catch there. Believe it or not but it was fun and since the rod was so light it felt like the shrimp is putting a pretty good fight.

Yeah I wanted to do something like that. In parts of Asia there are indoor carp ponds that use the same kind of gear that you described.

You could buy an aquarium.

That's not fun lol.

See Chris Fish
10-13-2010, 04:16 PM
I love to fish in the rain!!!
Small crowds.
Got my PB trout on a downpour!!!

As for the muddy truck, I purposely aim for the runoff in the gutters on the way home. Cleans out the wheel wells and the undercarriage. Then, it's just a regular car wash when I get home.

Oh, and Gor-tex is really nice, too!!!

Thisfool
10-15-2010, 04:42 PM
Indoor fishing ponds ?

lol just for general principle lol love it. i would also require that he surrender his mancard

although the idea of an indoor fishing pond is kinda cool it really defeats the whole point of fishing

Nessie Hunter
10-15-2010, 05:27 PM
I know in Taiwan they have indoor ponds, with waitresses and beer etc brought right to you.
Only one I saw was (of all things) a Shrimp pond ???
Not sure the fishing was the main attraction???

Oh, and they had BBQ's and all the fixings so you could cook them up right there...