PDA

View Full Version : question about corona lake ??

TTT
10-08-2010, 03:52 PM
I've been to corona lake 1 time.It was miserable. i just got off work.they were having a two for one deal.and there was no place to fish off the shore.matter of fact there was 4 of us and the only place we could find was all the way two the right at a two foot clearing at the end of the path way which was quite cramped quarters for 4 people. but not letting my first impression get in the way. I'm coming to you for help. when I went i noticed the water was stained(like coffee 1 sugar 2 creams) and there was no rain for about 2 weeks. is it always that color.where is it better to fish from shore? the dam or the trees(fishing for trout).Is it deep enough to keep holdovers? what's a good bait color? my apologies if this thread makes for long reading. But like in poker and horse racing i want as much information as possible before I head out.one more thing.i plan on going up there on Oct.18th. I was thinking about trying lip ripperz (mini) do these work here and if they do what color?I usually use 2" triple ripple grubs or asst. tube jigs for trout.
Thank You

Troutman65
10-08-2010, 05:50 PM
No hold overs of trout for sure at Corona & Santa AnaRiver lakes . Weekends are always packed as well as special offer days and holidays . If you can go during the week you will find more open fishing spots along the shore . If the shore is to cramped you can always rent a boat . With a boat you can fish anywhere on the lake . Shore fishing can be good if you can get a spot . The water does clear up at times . Lip ripperz work . You just have to figure out what color works that day . Chartuse, orange , are good go to colors . Power bait works too . Good luck fishing . Another good thing to do is if your there at the lake and you see someone catching trout ask questions. Ask what is working for them . Leader lenth ? Bait ? Still fishing or jigging ? Most people out there fishing will be willing to help others out . Good luck fishing . Hopefully you will post up a nice report .

MichelleBedore
10-10-2010, 01:32 AM
I've been to corona lake 1 time.It was miserable. i just got off work.they were having a two for one deal.and there was no place to fish off the shore.matter of fact there was 4 of us and the only place we could find was all the way two the right at a two foot clearing at the end of the path way which was quite cramped quarters for 4 people. but not letting my first impression get in the way. I'm coming to you for help. when I went i noticed the water was stained(like coffee 1 sugar 2 creams) and there was no rain for about 2 weeks. is it always that color.where is it better to fish from shore? the dam or the trees(fishing for trout).Is it deep enough to keep holdovers? what's a good bait color? my apologies if this thread makes for long reading. But like in poker and horse racing i want as much information as possible before I head out.one more thing.i plan on going up there on Oct.18th. I was thinking about trying lip ripperz (mini) do these work here and if they do what color?I usually use 2" triple ripple grubs or asst. tube jigs for trout.
Thank You

Your post isn't long; you should see some of mine. They're novelettes. I'm a new angler, and I find that every time I go fishing, people around me are usually super helpful to people who ask questions.