PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Trout

Manuel
10-07-2010, 06:28 PM
Hey Folks,

I am a total noob when it comes to trout and FW.

I fished Silver Lake and surrounding areas last year. Not much luck except for Tioga with the trout worms.

I fished Big Bear last month. Caught two trout, on Powerbait, which isn't really fishing to me. I tried to throw some baits but, no luck.

I want to hit the local lakes this year. I have a 7" UL spinning rod and a Daiwa Capricorn 1500A. i know not the smallest reel but, its what I got now. I have 2 lb on it.

I was hoping you folks would give me an idea of what kind of lures, beside trout worms, I should be looking to pick up?

Perhaps some techniques you might want to share?

BTW, I have a tube and a kayak to get on the water so, I'm not stuck on shore.

Thanks,
Manuel

TROUT MASTERS
10-07-2010, 06:58 PM
I ALWAYS HAVE LUCK ON KASTMASTERS,PANTER MARTINS,ROOSTER TAILS,BOYANTS, AND ANY LURES
THAT HAVE GOLD/SILVER SPINNERS,IF YOU ARE USING A 2 LBS TEST MAKE SURE HAVE YOUR DRAG SET
GOOD LUCK
Tout Masters .............:Cool:

Manuel
10-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Quick follow-up for you Trout Masters; What size of lure are we talking? Are you just casting or trolling the lures?

I've fished the surf with the same Izor XXX 2 lb. and I don't think its really 2 lb., more like 4.

Thanks,
Manuel

Trout 1
10-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Quick follow-up for you Trout Masters; What size of lure are we talking? Are you just casting or trolling the lures?

I've fished the surf with the same Izor XXX 2 lb. and I don't think its really 2 lb., more like 4.

Thanks,
Manuel

XXX is really strong man....it feels like 4lb. I fish mini jigs and trout worms. When i toss iron my goto lure is blue/sliver Kastmaster...the smallest one.

Trout1
Andrew

TROUT MASTERS
10-07-2010, 10:14 PM
quick follow-up for you trout masters; what size of lure are we talking? Are you just casting or trolling the lures?

I've fished the surf with the same izor xxx 2 lb. And i don't think its really 2 lb., more like 4.

Thanks,
manuel
i use #2 panters and kastmasters,in the lakes i use 2-3 inch kastmaster when trolling
from the shore line roosters and boyants
good luck
trout mastrs !!!

BufordT9
10-16-2010, 07:51 AM
I fished Big Bear last month. Caught two trout, on Powerbait, which isn't really fishing to me. I tried to throw some baits but, no luck.

Isn't really fishing? Ha. Disagree with you there.

Manuel
10-17-2010, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the insight guys. I'll start shopping now. Also got my eye on the Irvine Lake seminar at the end of the month.

Buford, I just prefer to be more invloved in fishing than I was when fishing Powerbait. We fished it with a float and and a 6' or so leader and watched and waited. I just can't sit that long without doing something.

Manuel