PDA

View Full Version : Perris Lake Blue Stoning Help/Question

a321eric
10-07-2010, 05:46 PM
So I have heard that Perris was blue stoned today (If thats how your suppose to word it). Tomorrow I had planned to float tube perris but I have read articles on the web about the effects of it and all and I found mixed comments. Some say the bite is good afterwards and others say the bite really shuts down. Also, after the chemicals take place will the water be real mucky and should I even consider driving down to tube Perris with all of this. What are your opinions??? I dont want to have a crappy day.

Natural Lefty
10-07-2010, 07:22 PM
Same problem here, Eric. I have been thinking of going to Perris tomorrow afternoon, but the potential bluestoning is a hindrance to my plans. When I have seen bluestoned lakes before, there have been dead fish lying on the shore, a bunch of blue-green gunk lining the shore, and fish are not biting well from shore because the copper sulfate which is put along the shorelines is toxic. I have to wonder whether its healthy to eat the fish from a recently bluestoned lake, too. Farther offshore, things may be okay, though, or maybe from the end of the marina docks.

a321eric
10-07-2010, 08:52 PM
i wonder the same too. i only live ten minutes away but i was wondering if it would be safe to float tube it. would my gear get all jacked up from the copper sulfate

bassgrabber1
10-08-2010, 08:10 AM
In my experiance at Perris...and this is just me.....I have had good luck 3 days after the blue stoning. When they put it in, the bite shuts down. It seems that they wanna eat a few days later. The only problem for me right now is that they usually do this in early or late spring not at the beginning of Fall. I will be there Sunday at the crack of dawn to see what I catch.