PDA

View Full Version : Last Minute Pointers! Please. Thank you.

Seņor.Chilax
10-07-2010, 11:29 AM
Hey guys, heading out to do some bugging tomorrow with a fellow FNNer. Both completely new to this. We were wondering where would be the best place to start off at? We're not trying to go out that far, due to size of the boat. Thinking about Newport Harbor or Long Beach break wall. Any pointers? PM if you don't want to post for everyone to see. Thank you in advance.

stepchild
10-07-2010, 11:45 AM
do u have fish finder?

Seņor.Chilax
10-07-2010, 12:04 PM
do u have fish finder?

I'm not sure if my buddy has one. Is it needed?

stepchild
10-07-2010, 12:12 PM
it would really help ur chances.you want to look for structure.and set around that.see wgat way current is going and set hoops so that the bait scent runs right into the structure.and time on the water is key.you'll learn,it really does take time to learn this.i went out last year for the first time and only came home with 4 all year,hopefully ill get better this year.

Seņor.Chilax
10-07-2010, 01:57 PM
it would really help ur chances.you want to look for structure.and set around that.see wgat way current is going and set hoops so that the bait scent runs right into the structure.and time on the water is key.you'll learn,it really does take time to learn this.i went out last year for the first time and only came home with 4 all year,hopefully ill get better this year.

Thank you stepchild. I'll keep that in mind. And of course it's like any type of fishing, only time on the water will help.

Mr Magoo
10-07-2010, 11:48 PM
Go before the comercial season opens when it is easy pickin...I went a week a ago and did awsome... I went tonight and fished the same area and got one angry little rock crab. Oh well still beats the best day at work lol.

TaperSteve
10-08-2010, 10:51 AM
Bump...

TS

Seņor.Chilax
10-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Went hooping last night. You want to know how it went? Check out TaperSteve's thread Hooping in LB 10/08/10. Thank you All for all the advice.