PDA

View Full Version : Tips on Mammoth?

Trout 1
10-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Hey FNN/TM57!!!! Ok so I was wondering if I could get some tips on mammoth? places to fish and baits?(I fish jigs most of the time). I wanna head up before the seasons over. I have never been to mamoth but I have been to Bishop ALOT! Thanks guys!!!

P.S. The season ends Nov. 15th right?

Trout 1
Andrew

golfish
10-06-2010, 06:47 PM
Lake Mary was stocked really heavy last week and the week before. I was told it equaled 5400 pounds. My son and I fished there all last week out of tubes throwing every fly and lure we could. Not much action but you could throw a ball of bait and get hit before you could put your pole down.

Trout 1
10-06-2010, 08:54 PM
Lake Mary was stocked really heavy last week and the week before. I was told it equaled 5400 pounds. My son and I fished there all last week out of tubes throwing every fly and lure we could. Not much action but you could throw a ball of bait and get hit before you could put your pole down.

Thanks for the info bud!

Andrew

MexicanPistachio
10-07-2010, 02:00 AM
you are correct, fishing season ends nov. 15. I personally have a tough time fishing jigs in the mammoth lakes basin. your best bet would be lake george or maime. my last trip i went bait free and did decent on a water bobber/ pb nymph combo. lundy lake and little virginia are both good jig lakes and are about 30-40 min from mammoth.

SierraPeaks
10-07-2010, 11:15 AM
I've always done my best in the basin on Mary...fishing it straight down the gut. Spoons and any jointed lure work well.

TROUT MASTERS
10-07-2010, 11:43 AM
I was told by one of the local's that lake mary will be stocked with 5000 pounds of fish
but some people didn't belive it.
I always had a luck by the bridge.
Good luck
trout masters...

Trout 1
10-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Thanks for all the info guys. I heard convict is pretty good also. Im only taking a 2 day trip puls one day of driving. Its gonna be FISH,FISH,FISH!!!!! haha

Trout 1
Andrew

Trout 1
10-07-2010, 11:59 AM
I was told by one of the local's that lake mary will be stocked with 5000 pounds of fish
but some people didn't belive it.
I always had a luck by the bridge.
Good luck
trout masters...

Yeah i seen that thread. It will be off the hook if they do...cross your fingers lol!

Trout 1
Andrew

teejay
10-07-2010, 01:20 PM
Andrew,
I think that a derby is being held at Convict Lake during the first two weeks of November. You may be able to catch a tagged fish and win a prize.:Big Grin:

ToonaTangler
10-07-2010, 02:03 PM
I would put $1000.00 cash in your pocket if you go to Upper Twin Lake with mini jigs and thomas bouyants and dont limit out in the first 10 Minutes. That is the best spot hands down without a doubt the best place to get alot of fish.

TROUT MASTERS
10-07-2010, 02:46 PM
i would put $1000.00 cash in your pocket if you go to upper twin lake with mini jigs and thomas bouyants and dont limit out in the first 10 minutes. That is the best spot hands down without a doubt the best place to get alot of fish.
are we talking about mammoth or bridgport ????

golfish
10-07-2010, 02:56 PM

Trout Masters, There's a pretty big diff between Alpers and DFG raised fish. I'm guessing that the DFG is kind doing to Mary what they do to Crowley, a little plant, grow and take. I'll bet Mary will be a good place to fish come April :)

I don't know the name of the campground but its the small one over on the south east side (I'm thinking its SE) that's across the road from the lake, right on the road. That seemed to be the best area to bait fish. If you have a stringer in the water be ready to get it out fast or give it up to the bears. While float tubing we heard people screaming "bear" all day.......pretty funny stuff.

FWIW, I've been fishing\camping all my life. I have never seen a wild Bald Eagle in flight until a week ago (actually, right about this time last Thursady) One flew over our head while my son and I were tubing Mary. Its something I will never forget.

Trout 1
10-07-2010, 04:23 PM
are we talking about mammoth or bridgport ????

Yeah twin lakes in the basin...i think....? LOL

Trout 1
Andrew

Trout 1
10-07-2010, 04:23 PM
again thanks for all the tips guys!!

Trout 1
Andrew

TROUT MASTERS
10-10-2010, 09:23 PM
trout masters, there's a pretty big diff between alpers and dfg raised fish. I'm guessing that the dfg is kind doing to mary what they do to crowley, a little plant, grow and take. I'll bet mary will be a good place to fish come april :)

i don't know the name of the campground but its the small one over on the south east side (i'm thinking its se) that's across the road from the lake, right on the road. That seemed to be the best area to bait fish. If you have a stringer in the water be ready to get it out fast or give it up to the bears. While float tubing we heard people screaming "bear" all day.......pretty funny stuff.

Fwiw, i've been fishing\camping all my life. I have never seen a wild bald eagle in flight until a week ago (actually, right about this time last thursady) one flew over our head while my son and i were tubing mary. Its something i will never forget.
I hope its true about the stocking large amount of fish,by april will all be blessed!:UDaMan:
As far as a bear goes i never seen one yet,<i guess never say never>:ROFL:
and bald eagles are awsome,saw one last trip i was there.:Thumbs Up:
Thanks-good luck.
Trout Masters...:Cool: