PDA

View Full Version : Carlsbad lagoon 10/5/2010

cjmedina
10-06-2010, 05:10 PM
so i got a late start, took all my gear including rain jacket. choice of bait was fresh mackerel, some mussels, and some ghost shrimp gulp baits, found my spot only one guy was there. probably because it was windy with on and off rain. loaded of a pole with mackerel and let it soak the other pole i tossed out the ghost shrimp, with a slow retrieve. after about 10 mins my pole get a slight bend and i start reeling in a bat ray, nothing impressive. throw back and now i switch to mussels. let it soak for a while and then the pole bends good. i start bring it in but if feels like a big piece of seaweed at first then as it gets closer its starts fight back. it comes to the top and im fighting a big spot fin croaker. take it out and its a 18incher. re-bait then toss in the same direction, let it soak for 10 minis and the pole starts tapping, something i there but not big enough to bend it. start bring it in and it a 9 inch spottie, one of the 2 i caught, by this time its starts rain good, i re-bait and toss out again and put on my rain gear . i go back to tossing plastic few taps but no hook ups. my soak pole goes bend and short fight later i have another spot fin,tapes out at 17. i call it day and go home and fillet my fish for tonights dinner

murrieta angler
10-06-2010, 10:16 PM
Good job Carlos,
Need to post some pictures Bro.
Robert

BrandonFish
10-06-2010, 10:25 PM
this are a good report good way to slay on soak rods :Rolls Eyes:
Thanks

flyngby
10-06-2010, 10:30 PM
Nice report!

Those are some nice Spotfin!

Even if they are of the dinner plate! We have that right!

As Robert said we do enjoy pics!

Hopefully the Spotties have some time to grow!

smokehound
10-06-2010, 11:50 PM
Not fishing during stormy weather is probably one of the biggest mistakes many anglers make.

I WAS supposed to go today, but I had a bunch of intensive yardwork to do..

I had to de-thatch my bermuda grass with a rake..

Nice going on the spotfins.

DockRat
10-07-2010, 05:33 AM
Good job on the SFC.
DR

cjmedina
10-07-2010, 09:10 AM
I forgot to add pictures, but I did send one to Robert. Yeah I think alot of people have the impression that fishing sucks while it rains or is crappy weather. I've had some of the best luck in the rain