PDA

View Full Version : Castaic Shore Fishing-Thursday After 12:00 Anyone???

Korin
10-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Hi,

I am planning to do some shore fishing on Thursday. I can't leave Santa Monica until 11:30.

I might be meeting up with Michelle another new member. Do any of you have any interest in shore fishing Castaic.

This will be my first time trying for stripped Bass, I know this is not the best time of day but I believe in fishing anytime.

I'll also have my float tube if anyone wants to try it out however you might want to bring some fins.

Weather permitting Mammoth here I finally come on Friday!

Korin

fishinone
10-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Hi Korin,

They have been biting in the late afternoon around the West Ramp. I wouldn't hurry to get there, lunch time has been a little slower.

I don't think you are allowed to put the float tube in the upper lake. By the way, I've used a float tube without fins, I can't recommend it, it's a lot of work.

Good Luck.

MichelleBedore
10-06-2010, 08:00 PM
Hey Korin, Yeah, I'm IN behbeh...did you check your messages? Optimist wanted to "hook up" with people too. The more, the merrier, huh??
Even if it's drizzling, I still wanna go. And yeah, later afternoon I think the fish start getting more active---toward evening. No sooner do the fishies start getting active, you have to get your boat off the upper lake. >:| That's why I want to do the lagoon, you can fish after dark.
I'm gonna head out there in the afternoon, not sure exactly what time, but you have my #, Korin. I'm easy/flexible on the time so no worries. Anyone else that plans on showing up, say HI!!!
I'll be in a red t-shirt, and I might have on a black jacket. I'm 6 ft tall and built like a linebacker. Can't miss me, lol

Korin
10-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Michelle,

I'm also flexable with the time and would like to fish the upper and lagoon. I sent an e-mail to Koshaw to invite him, he lives near me.

Did you let Optimist know we were going to be there.

I guess I'll start at the upper lake about 2:30 or 3:00 and then move to the Lagoon. The one parking fee is good all day back and forth.

I'll have my red jacket on over a pair of jeans about 5"8 medium build, dark hair. We will probably be the only two women fishing. Not hard to spot.

KT

MichelleBedore
10-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Ok, great, I'll see ya tomorrow afternoon then. Sometimes the cell phone reception is really bad, so if yo9u don't hear from me, then it's because of that. If anything changes, message me. I'll check my pm's before I leave. Are you be in your float tube over by the west ramp? Yesterday the west ramp was closed...don't know why. Maybe in the off season they close it?? Anyway, I'll find ya!
Look forward to meeting you in person, or any others who show up.

Optimist
10-06-2010, 09:16 PM
Uh, too bad. I live about 50 miles away from Castaic Lake, and I need to work tomorrow. I can only fishing on Saturday or Sunday. Well, wish you guys luck. Hope you can catch some stripped bass.

Anyways, I am still planing to go over there on Saturday morning.

MichelleBedore
10-07-2010, 08:51 AM
Korin and I have decided to wait until tomorrow (Friday) to meet up.

eddie33081
10-07-2010, 01:22 PM
Good Luck out there. Wish my wife fished! Would make my (fishing) life a lot easier :)

MichelleBedore
10-07-2010, 02:49 PM
Good Luck out there. Wish my wife fished! Would make my (fishing) life a lot easier :)

Thanks Eddie! We changed our outing to tomorrow. There's still time! Have your wife meet us @ castaic and we'll happily infect her with the fishing obsession. :LOL:

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-07-2010, 05:09 PM
slay them......and let us know how the action was...

Good luck

MichelleBedore
10-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the well wishes Gary...I'm heading out there in the late afternoon...Hope to see some of ya. Korin, I put a message on your page accidentally, meant it to be a PM but that's ok, it's rated G. hehe

Marine_Michael
10-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Ok, great, I'll see ya tomorrow afternoon then. Sometimes the cell phone reception is really bad, so if yo9u don't hear from me, then it's because of that. If anything changes, message me. I'll check my pm's before I leave. Are you be in your float tube over by the west ramp? Yesterday the west ramp was closed...don't know why. Maybe in the off season they close it?? Anyway, I'll find ya!
Look forward to meeting you in person, or any others who show up.

FYI, when that sign is up saying the west ramp is closed, that means it's closed to boat launching. You can still drive over there and fish from shore.

Korin
10-08-2010, 10:36 AM
Michael,

Thank you for the FYI.

Korin