PDA

View Full Version : Castaic upper lake 10/4/10 with my friend SD Dave...

The Todd
10-04-2010, 04:28 PM
Me and Dave hit the lake about 7:30 this morning under overcast skies...we tried to make bait with no luck...we saw plenty of smaller pieces and some bigger ones at times but none were pressed up on the walls or back in the shallow fingers...they would just swim deep and come up after we moved...then we saw some large mouth boils on the shad we were stirring up...we started throwing plastics and started catching fish...we ended up catching and releasing about 10 large mouths...all smaller ones but still fun...i did hook up and break off with two nicer fish cause i'm an idiot and had my drag too tight...the rain started coming down and we got pretty wet and cold and called it a day around 12:30...thanks again dave! You always seem to put us on the fish...

SDDave
10-04-2010, 05:08 PM
you got Buddy, I'm still calling the two as caught, just a little longer release than the others...lol

gletemfeelsteelgary
10-05-2010, 02:49 PM
congrats on the catches, this weather patterns barrometer has to be really funking up the bass metabolism's right now...fortunately we have the shad in groves to help counter that..

Nice work on getting on the action..

Gary

fishinone
10-05-2010, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the report Todd. Congrats on the catching.

The weather patterns gonna change again. Fun fun fun! Or not!