PDA

View Full Version : 6 Pack Charter---Old #7 Albacore Trip

Trout-Tuna-For.Me
07-25-2007, 01:29 PM
My first 6 pack charter on The Old #7 out of San Diego proved to be a pretty good trip. All of us good friends, 2 of us were experienced tuna killers, but the other 4 were newbies. Owner/operator Jeff was pretty cool but was really pushing all of us to catch fish. Deckhand Nick was pretty good also, helped all the newbies catch fish. Total count for the day was 13 albacore (20 - 35 lbs) and 9 yellowtails (15 - 35 lbs), and 2 giant squid. ( I saw in The Old #7's report for Saturday July 21 that he fibbed a bit) The HOT trolling lure was my small 6 inch chrome jethead with blue/white/clear w/silver glitter skirts (not the usual dark colors for an overcast day). No tuna were eating the sardines but the medium size 'chovies worked great. Didn't try plastics or jigs since the 'chovies worked well at every troll stop. Most of the fish was caught on 20 or 25 lb test. Everyone interested in trying a 6 Pack, The Old #7 is a good start, although a bit pricey. We'll be planning another small load trip next year for sure. Maybe that 8 or 12 Pack. :wink:

vanillagurilla
07-25-2007, 02:44 PM
pinner anchovies are the best bait for albacore... the bluefin like the dines.

Tail Chaser
07-25-2007, 03:10 PM
Typical hit and miss. 11th/12th Old#7 did poor.(From what ive read)
16th they did very good, (From what ive read)
21st fishing was so,so (So you say) :lol:
Glad you did well on your trip. At 6 pack prices, Slow days, can be a real big ouch.
Bought me a speargun. So on the days the fish dont want to bite. Wont help them much :lol:
So you live in Palmdale?
I live in Acton 8)

sansou
07-25-2007, 04:29 PM
Some days the albacore grace you, other days they don't.....but this time around it looks like you got into to them a little!

Nice job!

valhalla_1_2000
07-25-2007, 07:11 PM
Congrats. Did Sansou refer you to the "Old No. 7?" I know it's his favorite 6-pack boat (besides the old Headhunter).

fishnfool
07-26-2007, 12:33 AM
Thanks for the report..... :thumb:

vile
07-26-2007, 06:54 AM
excellent...we're trying to get a 6-pack together right now

Tail Chaser
07-26-2007, 08:50 AM
Congrats. Did Sansou refer you to the "Old No. 7?" I know it's his favorite 6-pack boat (besides the old Headhunter).
Heard a rumor about Three month ago :roll: That the old 24' Skipjack. (The Headhunter) Was half sunk in her slip.
That should help keep the fires to a minimum :shock:

fishnfool
07-26-2007, 10:57 AM
[quote="valhalla_1_2000":6d87f]Congrats. Did Sansou refer you to the "Old No. 7?" I know it's his favorite 6-pack boat (besides the old Headhunter).
Heard a rumor about Three month ago :roll: That the old 24' Skipjack. (The Headhunter) Was half sunk in her slip.
That should help keep the fires to a minimum :shock:[/quote:6d87f]

False Info....Dude please don't get this going again......

Jim is friends with some of us around here and he never had a bad word to say about anyone.......All he wanted to do was help people catch fish

Tail Chaser
07-26-2007, 12:38 PM
[quote="valhalla_1_2000":168c1]Congrats. Did Sansou refer you to the "Old No. 7?" I know it's his favorite 6-pack boat (besides the old Headhunter).
That should help keep the fires to a minimum :shock:

False Info....Dude please don't get this going again......

Jim is friends with some of us around here and he never had a bad word to say about anyone.......All he wanted to do was help people catch fish[/quote:168c1]
For 100.00 bucks and 5 mile fishing trips on a unsafe boat.I would pretend to be everyones friend too. Wonder what ever happened to our friend Jim :roll:
Enough said, Old news, Probably just a artificial reef now.