PDA

View Full Version : BAKO DUCT ,update,,10/3/10

trail blazer
10-03-2010, 09:25 AM
Between myself and my striper junkie brother a total of 13 stripers were landed here last week.

All but 1 was picked up in the early afternoon<DAYLIGHT, on bucktales and flukes.

A total of 4 trips daylight,,jigs=12, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and 1 trip yesterday after dark trying= jerkbaits =1.

Best part of the update,,,THE MOSS IS BEGINNING TO CLEAR:Big Grin:,,,,,,,,,,,Last night in the heavy current many casts were made with the jerkbaits that only resulted in tiny bits of moss on the lure after the retreive.

also noticed that the huge streamers of green stuff was breaking loose from the cross over ropes and sides.

No pics ,,,,,,,,,,,,all the feesh sub legal,barely legal, and thin,,,,,,,TYPICAL SUMMERTIME BAKO SCHOOLIES.

Still lots of moss out there but a a cpl to 3 weeks should be the end of the SUMMERTIME GREEN STUFF.

So get ready DUCTERS:Wink:

TRAIL BLAZER

cutbait
10-03-2010, 10:15 AM
I'm cutbait, and approve this report

yolo
10-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Nice TB. The bucks and the soft jerks with that nasty moss is the way to go. It is clear in the AV as of yesterday. Same thing here with the stringy (what I call rasta weeds) but they are not that big of a deal. That clumpy, sticky moss is much worse and good riddance to that. Sounds like Bako had a good spawn if so many small fish are appearing. I would love to see some minis here in the AV too as it means a successful spawn here too. I did catch a couple of 12" earlier this year. The silverside fry are schooling all over the place. Once they grow to 3" to 4" in a couple of months, the stripers are going to be getting fat. You seeing the tiny silverside schools up there?

trail blazer
10-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Nice TB. The bucks and the soft jerks with that nasty moss is the way to go. It is clear in the AV as of yesterday. Same thing here with the stringy (what I call rasta weeds) but they are not that big of a deal. That clumpy, sticky moss is much worse and good riddance to that. Sounds like Bako had a good spawn if so many small fish are appearing. I would love to see some minis here in the AV too as it means a successful spawn here too. I did catch a couple of 12" earlier this year. The silverside fry are schooling all over the place. Once they grow to 3" to 4" in a couple of months, the stripers are going to be getting fat. You seeing the tiny silverside schools up there?

Yep,,,,,,,,,,,,,and tons a 2inch frogs all along the bank,,,,,,,no doubt tons of those will be striper food also

Lunker1979
10-03-2010, 09:40 PM
Good job out there guys!@! Where the hell is M@M for a moss update in the Hesperia area?? M@M,where ya at bud,I need a moss update? Time for me to get out there again!

fishinone
10-04-2010, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the report T/B,

I'm ready for fishing without those weeds.

I'm tired of stopping to get salad dressing on the way home.:LOL:

yolo
10-04-2010, 10:07 AM
Lunker, I would make an educated guess that if it is gone in the AV it is gone in Hesperia too.

Lipripper93561
10-04-2010, 12:34 PM
Moss and "rasta weed" still heavily present in the AV. All I needed yesteday was some tomatoes and ranch dressing to finish off my salad. Fished Quail lake yesteday and 280th area for nothing but salad fish.

yolo
10-04-2010, 12:58 PM
That's surprising Lipripper. I was there Fri and barely any moss, lots of lightning, lol. Yesterday in Palmdale there was absolutely no moss.

M@M
10-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Good job out there guys!@! Where the hell is M@M for a moss update in the Hesperia area?? M@M,where ya at bud,I need a moss update? Time for me to get out there again!

I think I'll get out Tuesday for some fishing....and maybe, give a FNN moss report................but would prefer to give a DD caught report .:Smile:This is the end of the duct..maybe we end up with ALL the veggies:LOL:

Lunker1979
10-04-2010, 07:43 PM
I think I'll get out Tuesday for some fishing....and maybe, give a FNN moss report................but would prefer to give a DD caught report .:Smile:This is the end of the duct..maybe we end up with ALL the veggies:LOL:

Thanks M@M. I was going to go this weekend but am headed to Vegas for some big poker tourneys instead. When I get back, I'm going to buy a section on the duct for myself with my winnings. I'll probably go the following weekend and hopefully the moss will have tapered off by then. Thanks again!

yolo
10-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Moss is gone locally. No flow when I drove by today. Looked completely shut down. Will check it out going to work in the a.m. to see if it's still shut down.

sumojo
10-05-2010, 04:04 PM
went to duct today no water flow from 70th gates closed and the water was really low.
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p1/sumojoho/lowlevel.jpg
no bites i was using lures top water and divers.

yolo
10-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Yup it was still shut down when I went to work this a.m. although the water level has not changed where I took a quick peek.

trail blazer
10-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Morning flows are really slow here,,,,,,afternoon flows are avg,,,bought 45%,,,,,,,,,water is really cloudy from all the rain just up north from here yesterday