PDA

View Full Version : 9/24 Report

zzzfish
09-30-2010, 12:17 PM
This report is for you dfisher. Sorry...no pix. This is my favorite lake too.

Got to the lake at 630 and ran into my neighbor Stan and his brother. Talk to them for half an hour and went into the tackle shop to get my rental boat and tickets.

I noticed that a lot of people are not on the water because it was too d@mn hot today! The water was dead calm and I had a feeling that tonight was going to be a slow night. We decided to station up in one of the coves by the west shore and start throwing out lines. An hour passed and the sun is gone and still no fish. I was thinking to myself that I might get a skunk tonight. But luckily...that thought was quickly erased. The first victim ended up to be a 2lbs cat on my Fenwick. Then my Okuma surf rod line start taking off, it turned out to be a nice 3 lbs wiper. After that I got 3 more wipers and another dinner size cat. My brother got 2 more cats that weren't too big. By now it's about 9. The moon came out and the bite went dead. We released all the wipers and released all the cats too because we got like 7 cats in the freezer. I know it's against the lake rule but I'm not going to take what I don't need. We left at around 10 and had a quick talk with one of the boat rental guy. He said everyone that came in so far got 0 fish or a few small cats. It was a slow night for us as well because we usually limit out. Irvine Lake has been very good to us these last couple of years.

Good luck out there and post some reports!

Jake / zzzfish

dfisher
09-30-2010, 04:57 PM
This is some crazy heat wave, good job on catching some fish and thanks for the report!