PDA

View Full Version : Force fins

HBAR
09-30-2010, 10:50 AM
Hey all was at the sport chalet in La Canada last night and saw they have 3 pairs of Force fins discounted, their selling them for about 150 each, also they have the Outcast super fish cat 4 (I think is the model name) for 299.

Just passing the info along to those who might be interested.

spangomx
09-30-2010, 11:47 AM
150 for fins... really?? I think I will stick w/ my $10 fins :-)

HBAR
09-30-2010, 12:18 PM
Thats what I said, hell I'm still using fins that I bought like 15 years ago.

AngryAgent
09-30-2010, 10:39 PM
That's a pretty decent deal on both considering the tube is normally $350.00 and the fins are $188.00. Thanks for the heads up someone should take advantage and pick up these fins.

HBAR
10-01-2010, 08:17 AM
I had gotten a check yesterday that I was expecting but didn't know when it was coming, went to bank and was heading that way to pick them up, but then thought ahhhh crap oil needs changing on truck, water filter has to be replaced, need cash for this weekends outing, damn it I can buy them the fins that is don't need the float tube already have the float boat, oh well there will always be another time.

Ray Lopez
10-23-2010, 09:22 AM
150 for fins... really?? I think I will stick w/ my $10 fins :-)

same here. i got a pair of body glove diver fins and they work great!!! force fins are a waste of money imho

Piss on Myspace
01-15-2011, 02:39 PM
these fins are the sh*t!!!!!! world of difference from my snorkeling fins to these...got a pair at the "managers special" price at sports chalet....kicked all over corona from 8-4pm, and didn't have one cramp in my feet (hammys a different story tho)....i'll never use snorkeling fins again

xjdesertfox
01-15-2011, 06:34 PM
I got mine for a *managers special* price which you wouldnt believe. Theyre going to stop carrying force fins so get them while they can, a couple of weeks ago they had them for $45 a pair at most sport chalets, i got mine for cheaper than that.

Fire Ball
01-15-2011, 11:32 PM
I got mine for a *managers special* price which you wouldnt believe. Theyre going to stop carrying force fins so get them while they can, a couple of weeks ago they had them for $45 a pair at most sport chalets, i got mine for cheaper than that.

Have you tried them out yet? Are they worth it? I don't want to waste my money if I decide to get them, haha.

xjdesertfox
01-16-2011, 12:05 AM
Have you tried them out yet? Are they worth it? I don't want to waste my money if I decide to get them, haha.

Theyre definitely worth it imo. Not only do they work great, theyre probably the cheapest pair of fins you can buy right now. Dont pay more than $50 for a pair. And i'd go a size under what they recommend as far as size goes. I wear a 12 and the chart says i should be wearing an XL when wearing waders, but L fits perfectly while wearing 3mm neoprene's.

They propel pretty damn well, and theyre comfy. My only complaint is there really isnt a way to lock the strap once you get it to the desired tension.

Edit: if you catch me on the water in the lagoon, i'll let you try them out. You can find me in a yellow kennebec. Or PM me and we'll meet up sometime.

Poxy Boggards
01-30-2011, 11:42 AM
same here. i got a pair of body glove diver fins and they work great!!! force fins are a waste of money imho

No offense bro, but you have no idea what you are talking about.

Force fins are the only way to go IMHO. I had a pair of hotspots before my force fins, which worked really well, until I tried the force fins, and found that I could move the same distance with half the effort in the sam or less time.

Once you try some Force Fins, then come back and give an educated response.

Fire Ball
01-31-2011, 08:02 PM
Theyre definitely worth it imo. Not only do they work great, theyre probably the cheapest pair of fins you can buy right now. Dont pay more than $50 for a pair. And i'd go a size under what they recommend as far as size goes. I wear a 12 and the chart says i should be wearing an XL when wearing waders, but L fits perfectly while wearing 3mm neoprene's.

They propel pretty damn well, and theyre comfy. My only complaint is there really isnt a way to lock the strap once you get it to the desired tension.

Edit: if you catch me on the water in the lagoon, i'll let you try them out. You can find me in a yellow kennebec. Or PM me and we'll meet up sometime.

Nice. I have just been using cheap $20 fins from Sport Chalet for over a year, so I bet it would be nice to have some good fins, haha. Thanks.