PDA

View Full Version : Lake Hemet or Lake Fulmor?

fixthedoor
09-30-2010, 09:55 AM
I will be camping up in Idyllwild this weekend and need help decided where I should spend my time wishing.

Regardless of where I go I will be fishing from shore and would be going after trout. I read a couple reports on here about these locations and they talked about LMBs and Blue Gills. So what would you suggest?

I would prefer to fish a creek but I wasn't sure where or how good the conditions would be. I have heard about San Jacinto Creek and just below Lake Hemet, but am unfamiliar with the area.

MexicanPistachio
09-30-2010, 02:08 PM
lake hemet hands down. dont think the dfg is stocking fulmore these days. only been to hemet 2x and did decent fishing off the forest side at the last parking lot.

P.A.W.
09-30-2010, 05:39 PM
I would suggest Fulmore mainly cuz you like creek fishing. It's got a nice cozy woodsy feeling. Don't expect much in the way of trout, but there are bass and gills in there. Hemet will hold more fish. Heck they are a whole 5-10 minute drive apart. Might want to do Hemet in the morning and Fulmore after lunch.

Sublime-Steve
09-30-2010, 08:04 PM
Go to hemet... you will have to buy an adventure pass for fukmore its 5 bucks a day but its a 60 dollar ticket if u dont have it also the water level is really low @ fulmore right now.. go to big bear they just stocked it yesterday ( sep 29) with 4 truck loads of trout you can camp there AND there creeks near by

luvdaoutdoors
09-30-2010, 08:22 PM
Lake hemet by far. I've been going there every other weekend since the beginning of summer and the lake has produced limits every time.

fixthedoor
10-01-2010, 08:03 AM
Thanks for the info guys! Looks like Hemet it is. Any bait recommendations?

I plan to start out with crawlers and eggs on a 3lb test 18" leader.

Yeah, I need to make some time to head up to Big Bear.

Harold of the rocks
08-13-2011, 08:03 PM
i used to fish both lakes all the time ....at hemet i would go to the last parking lot and ..fish all day long in the morning it would be trout using a nice size weight about 3 feet of leader and some power bait...in the mid after noon id change it up and go for LMB using inflated nightcrawlers...and then finish the day off at Fulmor i have found that the best way to fish there is using a a bobber about 4 feet leader

bobber--------------------weight-------hook/bait

that would work wonders for me i think because the water is usally merky brown

bring a sixer and enjoy the day