PDA

View Full Version : KPN topwater action

HaiTheMeister
09-29-2010, 06:40 PM
I have been working a lot and needed to take a break so called up Khanh to schedule an outing. Luckily he was able to get me a seat on John's boat (thank you John). we started out a bit late but were off to a good start......saw a few small boils but we weren't able to get next to them without scraring them away. As we were chatting away and letting the boat drift all of the sudden, right in front of us...."boil' "boil", all 3 KPN mini topwater shads started flying...then...
Hook up....then x2....then triple hookups. oh man what a feeling.
we managed to pull up 5 fish from this boil between the 3 of us and that was the last boil we saw. Although Khanh managed to catch another striper in dead water on his lure...."show off".

Here are our photos for today slay. John was camera shy so he didn't want to take a picture with his catch.

Khanh enjoying his own creation
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=25760

KPN mini topwater "got wood?"
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=25759

pic of one of my nicer grade fish
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=25761

Thank you Khanh & John for a nice trip! lets do it again soon!

5BassReaper7
09-29-2010, 07:32 PM
good slay on them stripers looks like kpn lures are blowing off the charts !!!

Optimist
09-29-2010, 07:33 PM
WoW, nice fish. It looks like 4" KPN. I should buy one of this on the way to Castaic Lake.

SDDave
09-29-2010, 09:28 PM
Nice Report, Darn John thats a big enough cooler...lol... Been days when I could have used it... and I hope more days to come... Slay em....
My boat's down and hope to be back Friday, Saturday forsure... hope the lake lice stay home.

trail blazer
09-30-2010, 07:31 AM
NICEEEEEEEEEEEE

KPN RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTG my friends .

TRAIL BLAZER

TroutOnly
09-30-2010, 07:40 AM
WHERS THE BIG ONES KAHN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,

huukup12
09-30-2010, 08:54 AM
Nice slay Mr. KPN & Hai...I don't think John is shy at all, just that he did not hook up a DD....We'll hook up soon for KPN top water action...
j

devldog
09-30-2010, 09:19 AM
I have been to Castaic a couple of times, but skunked on all. What is the retreive method for the KPN lures? I own the one pictured, and another.

devldog
09-30-2010, 09:57 AM
One more question. Does anyone do any fly fishing on the lake?

fishinone
09-30-2010, 12:21 PM
Nice catch guys,

That spot looks familiar.

russ88
09-30-2010, 12:26 PM
Nice going Hai!!! Good seeing you n khan out there. I need some KPN's.... Saw someone fishing a KPN and i like the action. Seems like it stays in the zone longer.

kpn
09-30-2010, 01:20 PM
It was fun fishing with John and you yesterday bro. We should go chasing the boils again soon.
Thanks John for the invite.

KPN.

kpn
09-30-2010, 01:22 PM
Nice going Hai!!! Good seeing you n khan out there. I need some KPN's.... Saw someone fishing a KPN and i like the action. Seems like it stays in the zone longer.

You live close to me and you don't have any KPN's.......Shame on you Russ.....Hahahaha.
Good to see you out there bro. We should fish together some day.....Hopefully SOON!

KPN.

koifish
09-30-2010, 03:54 PM
Nice to see 3 of you guys out there. That was the only boil of the day and you made it paid. We cruised around the lake and there were no boils... I only got one LMB.

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-30-2010, 04:34 PM
WAY TA GO GUYS : )

Rock n ROLL !......fishin style !

sweet topwater action !

congrats on that topwater blastin'

Sweet : )

Gary

HaiTheMeister
10-05-2010, 02:22 PM
I have been to Castaic a couple of times, but skunked on all. What is the retreive method for the KPN lures? I own the one pictured, and another.

There's a post from gletemfeelsteelgary http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?50314-Topwater-KPN-walk-the-dog-teqnique-HOW-TO

One more question. Does anyone do any fly fishing on the lake?

a few months back, I've seen someone caught stripers flyfishing.