PDA

View Full Version : Fish report 9/26 yes it was freakin HOT

h00kup33
09-28-2010, 10:26 PM
dfisher here goes my short report...my partner and I fished irvine from 6a-1p, rented a boat since it was half off monday, we only saw maybe four boats on the lake...i mean it was a ghost town at the vine and did i mention the heat...when the wind blew from either direction it only blew HOT AIR...i think the temp read close to 110-112 degree's...we drank about 3 liters of water each and kept ice cubes in our hats as we fished ferociously for largemouth in the heat. Now onto the fish report...fishing was absolutely amazing. TOP WATER TOP WATER TOP WATER was on fire. any walk the dog plugs and we also fished 2 inch fry style baits with water floats..Bass were boiling more monday than the previous monday's we fished in the past month. In addition the bass fishing was absolutely amazing..top water bite panned out as the sun decided to play havok...freakin mother nature and her fury. we fished jigs in all colors and weights (heavier baits to 1 ounce) down towards santiago flats and caught bass up to 7.13lbs...average bass weighed 3-4lbs. we caught about 23 bucketmouths...most were caught early AM. fishing has been dynamite without the added heat. get out there and fish...and bring a cooler full of ice cold drinks. i believe the weather is tapering off this week. tight lines

JimmisLine
09-28-2010, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the report, HU. Good looking fish, too. Thanks.

dfisher
09-29-2010, 09:17 PM
Atta boy. Thanks for the report. They must of been pretty deep after the sun hit.