PDA

View Full Version : Leo carrillo family vacation/fishing trip

ScottD
09-28-2010, 01:49 PM
The annual family trip to Leo Carrillo was a blast as always.
This year I wanted to step up the fishing and try to target some big game surf fish. I went to no other than the S.W.A.T for suggestions. Wingnut was quick to put his man Bones to work and I want to
Thank you both for help me out. Especially Bones(Mike) for all the Intel you gave me and the follow up.
The plan was to hit up some of the rugged beaches up in the area, targeting the halibut and calicos in the surf. The plan and the Intel was spot on, but the fish forgot that it was game day and did not show up. My good friend Doug and I hit up 3 beaches north of Leo in the morning and two south of it mid morning. Unfortunately for us, the surf was absolutely unfishable with the ell grass and kelp pieces being littered heavily all up and down the coast. We gave it a good effort none the less, but the LC’s were catching up on the grass 99% of the time. All the efforts resulted in one perch a nasty spill with a rock and some sore legs to follow. None the less, I must say thank you to the SWAT for the generous help and getting me in line for future surf missions. The weekend of course was not wasted and I was able to spend some good time with my beautiful wife and daughter and some great friends of ours.
On Sunday, I took my little one down to the beach north of LEO for some fun catching some decent sized perch. She had a blast and did a great job reeling in these guys.
Later in the day, it was time to relax, play some games and watch the awesome sights.
I know not much of a fish repot, but the time and experience was awesome.
Here are some pics for your enjoyment. Awesome sunset pics. Sorry, new to posting pics.

25706257172571625715257142571325712257112571025709 25708257072570525718

murrieta angler
09-28-2010, 05:32 PM
Hello Scott,
First of all, you have a beautiful family.
I enjoyed the pics very much, especially your daughter showing off her guns for the camera...lol
To bad you didn't get on some Halibuts or Bass, but that's how it goes sometimes.
It's just been a crazy year for fishing, from the surf and out on the boats.
Thanks again for the report,
Robert

Wingnut
09-28-2010, 07:36 PM
That's what it's all about... fishing is not always about the "catching". :Big Grin:
You have a beautiful family Scott. :Cool:
Well done Lieutenant Bones! :Wink:

bones
09-28-2010, 09:38 PM
Welllllll.....I tried to point you in the right direction and it looks like you and your beautiful family had a great time. Your daughter reminds me alot of mine a few years back. Can't tell you how many times I fell back on the perch bite with my kids......Smiles all the way around!
Very nice nature pics as well Scott.
Just currious...Did you try dropshotting slowly through the weeds?
You'll get them next time ......Your just paying your dues...LOL
I've got a feeling that all surf species are in tune with the fall weather patterns recently.Some big girls and more shorties have been sliding in but it's WNEN they chew .....that's hard to figure out right now.

Seriously.......Give it another few weeks.....It's just a feeling in my B O N E S.....MMMMM....Maybe it's just..

Arthritus :ROFL:

Patience.....Persistance.......Payday!

Thanks for sharing

flyngby
09-28-2010, 11:02 PM
Great Family Getaway!

Nice perches and extra curicular activities!

I kind of thought that spot with its structure was kind of "SWATY" :Wink: :ROFL:

ScottD
09-29-2010, 06:48 AM
Thanks Guys.

Bones,
Yeah thinking back on it, i should of had my drop shot stuff as well. I was set on throwing the hard stuff. Oh well! As you said, just paying my dues towards big mama this fall.

Thanks again!
ScottD

NachoFish
09-29-2010, 08:45 AM
What an amazing trip. Beautiful pictures and family. So glad you shared with us.

D