PDA

View Full Version : Fishing tips???

MACKERAL KING
09-28-2010, 12:05 PM
I'm going on the tide change tomorrow (hopefully) from long beach sportfishing berth 55. Anyone have any tips to increase my chances of success?

Psycho_fish'r
09-28-2010, 01:39 PM
what are you fishing for?

MACKERAL KING
09-28-2010, 04:03 PM
Idk. Probably bass... Sand bass and probably calico

murrieta angler
09-28-2010, 05:17 PM
Check out Jackpot Jimmy's report.
He may be young, but he's a hell of a fisherman!
He has good info in regards to the sandies and sculpin.

MACKERAL KING
09-28-2010, 06:17 PM
thanks guys, but the landing said that the boat isnt going to be going out due to a lack of people... starting to look like it might be a horrible b'day tomorrow :No Pity::No Pity: ... any suggestions on another landing????

Psycho_fish'r
09-28-2010, 07:04 PM
That sucks about the boat not going out. Before you spend your hard earned money on another boat, I would check all of the fish reports of the various landings and then make your selection from there. Certain areas will produce more than others.

BlinkyTheFish
09-28-2010, 07:21 PM
Daveys locker is awesome I caught a big thresher shark today.

catfish 17
09-28-2010, 11:42 PM
don't go to no twilight trip in newport landing or daveys locker. It sucks!! I went there last time and they just don't help you a lot and they don't catch as much fish as other landings. I recommend 22nd street landing off of san pedro, ca.

jiggaman
09-29-2010, 12:45 AM
don't go to no twilight trip in newport landing or daveys locker. It sucks!! I went there last time and they just don't help you a lot and they don't catch as much fish as other landings. I recommend 22nd street landing off of san pedro, ca.

that response is horrible...just cuz u cant catch fish or it was bad on your trip does not give you the right to bash a landing

shioda
09-29-2010, 07:43 AM
Well, you are pretty lucky to find out ahead of time the boat is not going out. I always make a reservation, giving my phone number and name, the day before going out. I have never been notified ahead of time that the trip was cancelled. Most times you don't find out the trip was cancelled until you get to the marina.

Anyway, I recommend going out on the Enterprise out of Long Beach. Always have good luck, the parking is free and close, and the deck hands, especially James, are pretty helpful.

MACKERAL KING
09-30-2010, 04:35 PM
well, you are pretty lucky to find out ahead of time the boat is not going out. I always make a reservation, giving my phone number and name, the day before going out. I have never been notified ahead of time that the trip was cancelled. Most times you don't find out the trip was cancelled until you get to the marina.

Anyway, i recommend going out on the enterprise out of long beach. Always have good luck, the parking is free and close, and the deck hands, especially james, are pretty helpful.

i went to marina del rey. It was great there was a huge assortment of fish. Ppl caught calico, ling cod, macks, sheephead, batray, sculpin and sand dab. An awesome day :Dancing Banana::Fishing Catch::Fishing Catch::Fishing Hole:

rickk71
10-12-2010, 08:51 AM
Catfish17....Jiggaman is right dont bash a landing, we all had good and bad fishing experiences in our time fishing. When you start going on overnight or long range trips you will see the differnce. It seem you might be a little new to saltwater fishing and with time you will get to know the boats that you will like and the boats you dont like aswell.