PDA

View Full Version : NPH Jetty 9/25/10

Optimist
09-27-2010, 12:19 AM
I was planing go to Castaic Lake this Saturday. However, after I read "irvinec32" post. He caught a "Salema" from NPH. Then, I changed my plan because I want to catch a "Salema" too. Therefore, I woke up around 8 am (a little late:Smile:) and arrived at the jetty around 9:30 am. It was a super slow day, and I asked everyone of them when they walked pass by me "did you catch anything?". None of them catch any fish, and most of them gave up around 11:00 am. As usually, I didn't give up that soon :Evil:! I kept trying walking along the jetty until I hit one spot. I was reeling in my line, and I felt my bait might hit some weeds. After my bait out of water, I saw some scratches on the jerk bait body. Then, I know there must be a fish:LOL:. I cast the bait to the same spot as before and keep reeling. Just after about a 30 seconds, fish was on :Shocked:. It was a Halibut. My first Halibut ever. WoW even thought it was only 13 inches. I was still excited. At least, I beat the skunk. Thanks for reading my report. Below are the picture took by my self phone.

VietReefer
09-27-2010, 03:13 AM
Congrats on the first butt bro :) Good job

Optimist
09-27-2010, 08:58 AM
Congrats on the first butt bro :) Good job

Thanks. I hope I will catch a legel size one next time.

murrieta angler
09-27-2010, 11:14 AM
Congrats on your first Hali!
Now that you the bite get out there and do it again Bro!
Thanks for the report and pics,
Robert

JapanRon
09-27-2010, 08:25 PM
Hi Optimist,

It's always a thrill to get a 'first' catch of a species. You might want to keep a record of all your firsts and a photo.

Await your next fine report,

JapanRon

Optimist
09-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Hi Optimist,

It's always a thrill to get a 'first' catch of a species. You might want to keep a record of all your firsts and a photo.

Await your next fine report,

JapanRon

Yup, I am keeping the pictures now such as my first Kelp Bass and Spot Bass. Hehe.

Optimist
09-27-2010, 09:48 PM
Congrats on your first Hali!
Now that you the bite get out there and do it again Bro!
Thanks for the report and pics,
Robert

I might go back to NPH two weeks later because the coming Sat. I am going to Castaic to learn about the top water bait fishing ( walk a dog move). I can't wait to see how to look for boil from shore. However, most of the time like 95%, I am fishing along. Therefore, I learn and practice by myself. The process of learning is kind of slow.