PDA

View Full Version : Catalina Surf/Tuna fishing

Mcjingles
09-26-2010, 10:39 PM
Hey, I'm coming down from NorCal to Catalina for lobster season and was wondering which sopts you guys would recommend for Tuna, Rock cod, Yellowtail, Barries, Ect. We've got a fairly large boat so open water isnt a problem. Thanks.

murrieta angler
09-27-2010, 11:29 AM
That's a tough one Bro!
Right now the counts have been low and the overnighters are hit and miss.
They seem to be heading out at a 240 degree heading, from San Diego, anywhere from 40-60 miles out.
The 1 1/2 day'ers are going out further but getting smaller #'s.
Good Luck with the Tuna.
If you have any good lobster spots and would like to share, shoot me a PM. I do not believe in raping the ocean and take only what I eat.
Take Care
Robert

tunagod1
09-27-2010, 01:32 PM
Hey, I'm coming down from NorCal to Catalina for lobster season and was wondering which sopts you guys would recommend for Tuna, Rock cod, Yellowtail, Barries, Ect. We've got a fairly large boat so open water isnt a problem. Thanks.

Fish the albie's on your way down, they are about 35 miles out at about a 215 heading out of Avila. Nice grade of fish. Save the carcasses for the lobster.

Tight lines

Tuna out

Mcjingles
09-27-2010, 03:13 PM
That's a tough one Bro!
Right now the counts have been low and the overnighters are hit and miss.
They seem to be heading out at a 240 degree heading, from San Diego, anywhere from 40-60 miles out.
The 1 1/2 day'ers are going out further but getting smaller #'s.
Good Luck with the Tuna.
If you have any good lobster spots and would like to share, shoot me a PM. I do not believe in raping the ocean and take only what I eat.
Take Care
Robert

Sent. See ya there!