PDA

View Full Version : Lake Mary 9/25/09 report

Lunker1979
09-26-2010, 07:03 PM
Got to Lake Mary about 645 am or so to rent a boat. Went out and were catching them no stop on lures. Everything was tiny!! Beautiful day in the upper 70's, little to no wind at all. Ended the day with about 20 rainbows, all on lures and all were C&R. I don't know what the hell was going on, but I was using my BIG lures and the smallest damn trout I have seen were nailing them. It was a good day that we were catching fish, but def disappointed in the quality of fish. Threw some nightcrawlers off the bottom in hopes of a brown, but nada. Bald eagles everywhere and saw lots of dear. Lake was crowded around noon or so with all the float tubers and other boaters. Reminded me of the opener....lol. Can't complain about the scenary but the fish were tiny. I should have went to Convict!! Beautiful weather up there right now with no wind, now is the time to go. Going to try and get back up there in a few weeks before the fishing and campgrounds close. Every other time I have tried to fish that place it wwas really windy and cold, so I had to take advantage of it. Thanks for reading.

TROUT MASTERS
09-26-2010, 07:17 PM
Nice report,lake mary is always like a gamble,i did caught few nice alpers by the brige.i was
talking to one of the guys out there that was float tubing,he told me that,he always had
good luck at lake george by the water fall.i dont float tube,but i thing i will try it
next season,
thanks for the report.....