PDA

View Full Version : Crappie BBL

Sublime-Steve
09-26-2010, 06:14 PM
All day it was crappie :EyePop: seriously though i got like 40 lol all released.. hooked 1 in the eye though so if any of you catch a crappie with an eye patch you know who gave it to him :-)

keepemlo
09-26-2010, 06:17 PM
Wow nice hadn't even thought about crapps guess I'll make a test run to caustic

Cartman
09-26-2010, 06:40 PM
All day it was crappie :EyePop: seriously though i got like 40 lol all released.. hooked 1 in the eye though so if any of you catch a crappie with an eye patch you know who gave it to him :-)

Steve, that's a great haul. Would you mind sharing more about where and how you caught all those crappie? From the photos it looks like you are fishing from the shore.

Hometown
09-26-2010, 07:26 PM
I preety sure BBL is big bear lake
Steve, that's a great haul. Would you mind sharing more about where and how you caught all those crappie? From the photos it looks like you are fishing from the shore.

Ifishtoolittle
09-26-2010, 10:27 PM
Nice haul man. Did you keep any? Should've seeing as how all the fish are stunted. (Too much fish not enough food!)

Sublime-Steve
09-27-2010, 07:58 AM
Yea i was from shore all caught by the bridge.. ( dont park around there unless you got your adventure pass ) they go further out the hotter it gets and there all pretty deep.. GOOD LUCK! I never cooked such a small fish and im weird about eating the skin.. any ideas?

Cameron
09-27-2010, 09:37 AM
What bridge Standfield cut off ????? I know by Grout Bay u have to have a pass & in Serrano but I thought the rest was public land not NF.Help clarify the boundaries I cant afford a ticket.Oh yea the winds up here blow,lol.

Sublime-Steve
09-27-2010, 09:45 AM
The dam.. srry yea im not to sure i just thought if u parked off road u had to have 1 lol

Cameron
09-27-2010, 09:53 AM
http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardino/ap/maps/sbnf-big-bear-northwest-hira.shtml
I found this link & it appears that from west of Boulder Bay to the damn u need a pass.

Sublime-Steve
09-27-2010, 09:56 AM
yea that was where i was @ kool map man thanks for the link