PDA

View Full Version : San Onofre 9/25

murrieta angler
09-26-2010, 05:33 PM
Called up Carlos (cjmedina) Friday night and asked him if he wanted to do some surf fishing. He said he was down and a buddy of his was going to head down also...:Smile:
I said I would pick him up in Oceanside at 6:00 and then head over to San "O".
I was a little late and when I arrived I asked where his buddy was at. He said his buddy was gonna meet us up there at 7:00. While driving up Carlos called his buddy ,who was still sleeping, and the dude said he wasn't going to make it...:Neutral:
The waether was supposed to be great, and it was. Arrived to a sunny 60 degrees, no winds, clear water, 1-2 foot surf and a rising tide, which would be 5.9 at around 11:00.
While driving, I realized I left my surf rod at the house and my water jug when I was rushing out, good thing I brought my buddies spinning reel and rod to try out...:Cool:
We started at our spot around 7:00 and would work our way North. Things were starting off pretty slow and that would be the order of the day.
After and hour I was lucky enough to get this 10" BSP with the old reliable, LC110 in Metallic Minnow.

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/hunsfriendandmyfish011.jpg

It wasn't long after that when the eel grass, sea weeds and other salad was starting to dominate the waters edge.

Carlos was starting to stink up the place with his skunk so I suggested we do the bait and wait game. He brought some squid, shrimp and...I forget what else!?
I showed him what to do as far as the distance, direction and water clarity sites. After an hour or so, skunk off for carlos,

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/hunsfriendandmyfish012.jpg

LMAO!!!! I just realized that it looks like he is flipping me off!!!(or was it intentional)..:Big Grin:
Anyways, it was 1 of 2 Leopard Sharks that he had caught for the day.

The weather had warmed up to 76 degrees when we decided to pullout at 2:00.
It wasn't the best day, but very nice and cool to hang out with Carlos.

Until next time.......<><

Robert

klocked
09-26-2010, 06:07 PM
Sounds like a fun day Robert, hope some halibut show up for you soon down there!

flyngby
09-26-2010, 09:31 PM
Robert,

Great to see you out again in the surf!

That Mini Leo by Carlos bests my smallest by a millimeter!

Jaysuuun
09-26-2010, 09:43 PM
Wasn't the greatest day for fishing, but at least you guys beat the skunk and had a good time. The salad ruins everything.

Wingnut
09-27-2010, 10:29 AM
It sure was tough out there on Saturday... paying our dues Robert. You'll get them next time! :Cool: Thanks for the report.

murrieta angler
09-27-2010, 11:03 AM
Sounds like a fun day Robert, hope some halibut show up for you soon down there!

Thanks John,
That's what I was targeting. The water looked excellent but just no Hali's.

murrieta angler
09-27-2010, 11:06 AM
Robert,

Great to see you out again in the surf!

That Mini Leo by Carlos bests my smallest by a millimeter!

Hey Steve,
I was really getting the itch to do some surf fishing, so just had to, even on a Saturday, which I don't really like to do. I think the other Leo that Carlos caught was even smaller than that...lol
Take Care

murrieta angler
09-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Wasn't the greatest day for fishing, but at least you guys beat the skunk and had a good time. The salad ruins everything.

Hey Jaysuuun,
Long time no read!
That's the way it goes sometimes, as you know and yes, salad is no good without dressing..hehe
Take Care

murrieta angler
09-27-2010, 11:11 AM
It sure was tough out there on Saturday... paying our dues Robert. You'll get them next time! :Cool: Thanks for the report.

Paying our dues for sure!
I'm thinking I'm gonna hit the water again tomorrow, further South, and give it a try again for some Halibut.
Have A Good One Arthur!