TROUT MASTERS
09-25-2010, 03:04 PM

Nice Alper Trout

jiggaman
09-27-2010, 02:55 AM
just too let you know that is a dfg state brood stocker

TROUT MASTERS
09-27-2010, 07:39 AM
I WOUDN'T NEVER GUESSED ITS A brood stocker .
IS THAT MEAN THIS FISH WAS A HOLD OVER FROM LAST YEAR ????

Sh1mano
09-28-2010, 09:49 AM
just too let you know that is a dfg state brood stocker

If it was a broodstock wouldn't it have a DFG marker stapled on its gill? Every broodstock I've caught had these markers.

jiggaman
09-28-2010, 11:36 AM
no not really they do stocks with all brood fish and there are no markers but when they plant just a couple per load than they mark them

brewin_bruin
09-28-2010, 12:29 PM
All the DFG Broods I've caught or have seen caught by buddies have had the DFG tag on them... Im not saying they all have them, just basing it on personal experience... I just caught a few Alpers up at Silver Lake on the Loop that looked like your fish, it could be an Alpers... either way, nice fish.

TROUT MASTERS
09-28-2010, 04:06 PM
only thing that was confusing was,this one had a lot more spots than regular bow's and alpers
also had a hook jaw,ans meat was very dark pink,

FSHNLIC
09-28-2010, 04:22 PM
my guess would be a "holdover stocker"

TROUT MASTERS
09-28-2010, 04:31 PM
my guess would be a "holdover stocker"
Good afternoon fshnlic.
That was my 1st guess..

IncredibleHuck
09-28-2010, 10:42 PM
no not really they do stocks with all brood fish and there are no markers but when they plant just a couple per load than they mark them

Actually From what I have been told by the powers that be, is that the brood stock up there do have the tags.

But we have also caught Alpers which look like that too at this time of year.

Good fish though....I'm going to go with the Alpers on this one.

jiggaman
09-29-2010, 12:39 AM
All the DFG Broods I've caught or have seen caught by buddies have had the DFG tag on them... Im not saying they all have them, just basing it on personal experience... I just caught a few Alpers up at Silver Lake on the Loop that looked like your fish, it could be an Alpers... either way, nice fish.than they were not alpers they were dfg... i personally know tim and they do not breed fish that look like this its a nice fish either way but its not an alper

jiggaman
09-29-2010, 12:40 AM
only thing that was confusing was,this one had a lot more spots than regular bow's and alpers
also had a hook jaw,ans meat was very dark pink,alpers spots do not look like that

Big Country
09-29-2010, 02:30 PM
Much rather see you post pictures of fish like that that you killed Trout Master, as opposed to a stringer full of browns.

Alpers or dfg broodstocker doesn't matter, good fish either way.

TROUT MASTERS
09-30-2010, 06:51 AM
I need to add,that i caught this trout from the mammoth creek.by the playground,while waiting for
my wife to finish shoping,I hate to shop with the wife,makes me crazyyyyyyy.:Head Bang:and couldn't release it,becouse my kastmaster did some major damage...
Any how,thanks for all your reply,and thanks for reading my post.
GOOD LUCK !!!!
- TROUT MASTERS -

jiggaman
09-30-2010, 06:31 PM
I need to add,that i caught this trout from the mammoth creek.by the playground,while waiting for
my wife to finish shoping,I hate to shop with the wife,makes me crazyyyyyyy.:Head Bang:and couldn't release it,becouse my kastmaster did some major damage...
Any how,thanks for all your reply,and thanks for reading my post.
GOOD LUCK !!!!
- TROUT MASTERS -dfg for sure than

IncredibleHuck
09-30-2010, 11:49 PM
dfg for sure than

Alpers used to stock the creek up through last year I know with his Super Stockers (1-3 pounders). Not sure if it got stocked this year by him, but in years past it has been.

jiggaman
10-02-2010, 02:38 PM
Alpers used to stock the creek up through last year I know with his Super Stockers (1-3 pounders). Not sure if it got stocked this year by him, but in years past it has been.well regardless it has no characteristics of an alper nice fish though

TROUT MASTERS
10-02-2010, 03:36 PM
well regardless it has no characteristics of an alper nice fish though

i still think its a holdover,but was fun catching it,was fighting like a bull on by
2lbs test line,
thanks and good luck to all fishermen .
=== trout masters ===