PDA

View Full Version : riverwalk lakes bakersfield CARP!!!

madwire3
09-24-2010, 08:19 AM
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/134/l_db7778f309ec43178feb94572d8a3e5e.jpg

couple times a week my ol lady goes walking with the baby, usually hit riverwalk so i tag along and fish while she walks, usually get 2 hours to wet the line, been acouple months since i hooked up on a carp so when i go out there i toss one line in with corn or my doughbait and then mess with bluegill and bass with the ultralight... anyways yesterday i tried the front lake for a change. tonssss of weeds in that lake its horrible but apparently its super healthy for the smaller gills i was catching tons and getting frustraited by all those 3 inch bluegill they kept picking the carp rig clean so had to rebait often... then as i was packing in the ultralight to head out the carp rig bent then bent more, then the rod holder bent over as i grabbed the rod the holder was almost pulled from the ground completely,,, fight on 15 minutes later caught what i think is my new personal best carp, it looked and felt heavier then my 14 lb pb but so much more color, was a nice suprise but forgot the scale at home :/ .. i posted this in my isabella post but just in case theres any carpers interested... anyways sorry for the ramble... this weekend ill be hitting seal beach for some possible new species for me.. tight lines guys and gals

TROUT MASTERS
09-24-2010, 08:36 AM
Holly carp.
Hmmmmm nice cat food
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Icarus
09-28-2010, 02:54 PM
Awesome catch! I've never fished for carp before but I'd like to give it a try. You caught him on dough bait? Any special recipe you'd like to share? :-)

madwire3
09-30-2010, 08:54 AM
got that one on corn... the doughbait i have in the freezer ive only used once but it got a good hit. i posted what i did somewhere on the boards but not sure where if i find it ill link u to it.. but many say cornmeal flour water and vanilla extract does the job, the bait shop down here sells "powder bait" its a powder that u add cream corn to and from what i hear it works great, probably just cornmeal but dunno havent had a chance to try it always rushed..

MichelleBedore
09-30-2010, 02:33 PM
OMG, I'd freak out if I caight something that big! I read about carp becoming more and more popular to fish for.
I have a nice little combo tape measure and scale thingee I keep in my tacklbox. Of course, you would need to probably carry your gear in the stroller with your kid if you wanted to remember everything~! Most importantly, at least you had a camera on you ;)

TroutOnly
09-30-2010, 04:50 PM
There you go carpboy the should give you wood,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

DockRat
10-01-2010, 06:34 AM
this weekend ill be hitting seal beach for some possible new species for me.. tight lines guys and gals

You should check out LA River at Willow for Carp Heaven. Exit Willow at the 710. You can see the spot from Willow. Park on 25th and San Francisco walk up to the bike path and see them boiling all over the place.
DR

snakeplissken
10-01-2010, 02:35 PM
where is riverwalks lake? i like to fish for carp as well but be careful if you leave your rod baited and sitting too close to the water.i already had a carp pull my ultra-light combo into the water , and it's gone now.:Crying:

snakeplissken
10-01-2010, 02:38 PM
will the cops harass people fishing in the l.a. river?

madwire3
10-01-2010, 08:36 PM
i have a scale with tape measurer but it sucksand iforgot it that day i take a small prepacked panfish/carp kit when i go out there and was a last minute thing so didnt grab the scale, riverwalk is on stockdale highway in bakersfield out past old river...

when i go outof town i get fishing in if possible but dont target carp unless thats all thats around, rather aim for new species we have enough big carp down here in bakersfield to fulfill my carp fishing needs, got 3 from 11 lbs and up and got the ol lady on a 13 lber this year, i also got at least 7 others ranging from 4-8 lbs, i enjoy the smack talk about carp others jabber on about after they ask what im fishing for and my answer is " bluegill and carp".. i love to fish and catch big strong fighting fish and some of these guys cant get past their bass or trout enough to see how much fun they can be.. not always about tossin fish in a pan, and hell it feels soo good to release a big carp in front of those same guys standing there trying to convince me to toss it up in the bushes... wouldnt do it to a nice big trout or bass so why would i a carp.. then the usual rant continues its entertaining for sure. still wouldnt mind hookin up on a good striper :/