PDA

View Full Version : Tight lip Tuna... 2.5day Pacific Star

pargo lsb
09-23-2010, 12:36 PM
gents,

returned from a 2.5 days tuna gig on pacific star out of seafort sd last sunday. sorry no pix...

well run boat, tight for 26 anglers, perfect for 18. great crew… cap (mike b.), deckhands (david & paul), and cook (tommy). super patient and ready to go the distance to help you out.

overall, taking cost into consideration, it's a great deal and i would recommand the boat.

fishing was tough. the sch is closed by at 40 miles, right at the boarder of us & mex water. tons of sport n private boats out there.

we've seen fish come up at every stop, but just won't take the bait. standard is 20lb fc leaders. even better with 15lb + size 6 light wire ring hooks. no troll fish, all on sonar marks + bait.

had quality cured sardine, either axx hook or nose hook worked. i got all my fish on nose hooked medium size bait... seems that larger bait did not work for me.

boat logged 26 albi (20-35+) and 20+ yft (20-30), no bft. I scored 2 albi and 1 yft.

lots of tight lip fishes, good chance that we will see wfo action in the near future.

thanks for reading
richard

JapanRon
09-23-2010, 05:19 PM
Hi pargo lsb,

Excellent short and concise report !!

Thanks,

JapanRon

murrieta angler
09-23-2010, 10:01 PM
Hey Richard,
Thanks for the report, the weather is supposed to turn here starting tomorrow. Hopefully it will work its way down there.
I just might have to take a day and a half Sunday or Monday.
Thanks Again,
Robert

Ifishtoolittle
09-23-2010, 10:05 PM
Hey the boat did pretty well in my book. You got tuna and that's a good trip for anyone.

pargo lsb
09-24-2010, 11:18 AM
Hey the boat did pretty well in my book. You got tuna and that's a good trip for anyone.

u r 100% correct.
pacific star had the best count since past sunday. i think new lo an killed the albis on past Sat but that was it.
thanks
richard

pargo lsb
09-24-2010, 11:23 AM
Hey Richard,
Thanks for the report, the weather is supposed to turn here starting tomorrow. Hopefully it will work its way down there.
I just might have to take a day and a half Sunday or Monday.
Thanks Again,
Robert

hello murrieta,
there were lots of fish in a small area... waiting to open up.
water temp dropped this week, as soon as the condition change, we should see improvement on the count
be ready to book your 1.5 day!!
richard