PDA

View Full Version : Large boils at dam early morning today

koifish
09-23-2010, 10:53 AM
Tried to catch some stripers early morning. Got to the parking lot about 6:35am. As soon as I got out of the car I saw a large boils by the dam about 50ft... ran down there first cast kooked up 1 then the boils moved far the by the buoy line which was out of my casting distance... They kept moving around....I just stayed still fished and fished hard then the boil moved closer... hooked up another one...then there come the boats... noise... boils were gone. Called it a day.....going to work....fished for 30 minutes.

huukup12
09-23-2010, 12:49 PM
Koifish,
you forgot to include the "weapon of choice" "KPN Top Water".....good job...i wish i live close to Castaic...
j

fishinone
09-23-2010, 01:01 PM
Nice catch! What a great way to start your day.

kpn
09-23-2010, 01:07 PM
Good job Koifish! You need a longer rod to get to that boils bro :LOL:.

You're starting to like Gary now.......Fish before work............:Envious:.

KPN.

HaiTheMeister
09-23-2010, 02:23 PM
Good job! I need to get on the KPN topwater action!

cpautovisionz
09-23-2010, 10:11 PM
I was there also, just got there a few minutes to late and did not get anything. I was helping a guy with a dead battery and the line moved without him.

I ended staying the whole day till closing and did not see any boils after that. Where are all the boils at? This is weird because last year boils along the dam and the launch ramp area on and off throughout the day. Don't have a boat so I can get to all the action.

koifish
09-24-2010, 08:50 AM
I was there also, just got there a few minutes to late and did not get anything. I was helping a guy with a dead battery and the line moved without him.

I ended staying the whole day till closing and did not see any boils after that. Where are all the boils at? This is weird because last year boils along the dam and the launch ramp area on and off throughout the day. Don't have a boat so I can get to all the action.

I was behind the guy with the dead battery with the boat, we passed him. Try to come early that what I did. good luck