PDA

View Full Version : Urban Trout Season

Trout 1
09-23-2010, 01:43 AM
So who's ready??? I know I am!! What are your target lakes this season? Any new rigs you gonna try? Any new rods to break in? I hope Im not the only one really excited for trout season to start up again in so-cal!

This season Im gonna try corona/SARL more... I also want to try LNL, Prado, and Irvine. I havent fished them yet. I also will fish the county derbies, they are pretty fun.

Alright everyone have fun!!!!:Cool:
leave some feedback.. :Smile:
Trout 1
Andrew

4eye31
09-23-2010, 11:30 AM
yet I am ready for the trout season coming up. I just bought a new 7ft ultra light rod that need to be broken in. I hope to see you at Glen Helen, Yucaipa

abovi001
09-23-2010, 11:34 AM
LNL Shud be great again this year! Old owner (from few years back when it was hot) back and he's already in the process of rebuilding everything. cannot wait, ill be there a lot (unfortunately only weekends) but let me know if you go i could use another fishing buddy :)

E.A.R.G.
09-23-2010, 11:48 AM
LNL Shud be great again this year! Old owner (from few years back when it was hot) back and he's already in the process of rebuilding everything. cannot wait, ill be there a lot (unfortunately only weekends) but let me know if you go i could use another fishing buddy :)

DUDE are you serious?!?!?
So that lady who doesn't know jack squat is no longer in charge?
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

troutdog
09-23-2010, 11:55 AM
DUDE are you serious?!?!?
So that lady who doesn't know jack squat is no longer in charge?
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Don't know if you ever got a chance to fish for the Utah hookjaws when they were being planted(before that whirling disease hit the hatchery), but in all my years of trout fishing it is by far the best fighting species I have ever tangled with...LNL being open later(for day sessions anyways) than all the other pay lakes in the area is an added bonus. I will of course be at Irvine on a regular basis, but LNL is definitely on the list this season!

IMO the 2010 "trout wars" were won by Corona, 2009 Laguna Niguel was tops in my books and the year before Irvine crushed them all.....who is it going to be this year :???:

http://www.wonews.com/t-SCFreshReport_071310.aspx

TD

ghost2uu
09-23-2010, 12:39 PM
OMG i cant wait to fish the trout plants at DVL and Puddingstone, Perris and Castaic!!!!!!! God I love trout plants!!!!!! Thank you California Dept. of Fish and Game I have a new Okuma C3 swimbait rod the c3-c-7111-xh should be perfect.

Trout 1
09-23-2010, 02:59 PM
yet I am ready for the trout season coming up. I just bought a new 7ft ultra light rod that need to be broken in. I hope to see you at Glen Helen, Yucaipa

Hope to see you also.

Trout 1

Trout 1
09-23-2010, 03:01 PM

Imma have to check it out. I sounds great with the "utah hookjaws".

Trout 1
Andrew
p.s. shoot me a pm when they start putting trout in. we can meet up and have a slay day.

troutkilla420
09-23-2010, 04:17 PM
Im on the emailing list at sarl and carona and they sent me an email saying that they are goin to be stockin a bunch of sierra bows starting next week and a whole bunch of them! check out the stocking videos at fishinglakes.com,if u sign up for their emailing list they give u secret coupons.AND HELL YA IM EXCITED FOR TROUT SEASON IN SOCAL!

P.A.W.
09-23-2010, 05:41 PM
I'm ready too. Trout stock means big stripers will come up at Skinner and DVL. Also EZ fishing for when LMB fishing is slow.

deepbluediver
09-24-2010, 09:32 PM
I can't wait!! This year I'm going to break in my new float tube at Carona, LNL, & Irvine.

Line Crosser
09-28-2010, 12:43 AM
Had a lot of fun at corona last season. Gonna give lnl and rancho jurupa a try this season. My setups are a st croix 7ft ul with symetre 500 and i have a stradic ci4 that really needs to see some action. Plan on only using artificial baits this season. What month do you guys start hitting these spots?

Koshaw
09-28-2010, 06:02 AM
Hey Trout 1! How goes it buddy LTNS!

I got a nice Bob Barr 8' custom in the making as we speak that I do have to break in when its finished. Love to fish with ya again sometime. Keep in touch!

PS I hear Ande tournament makes a 2lb pink line O_o. I may have to acquire some of this and check it out =) and tell ya how it works.

Koshaw

Trout 1
09-28-2010, 09:19 PM
Had a lot of fun at corona last season. Gonna give lnl and rancho jurupa a try this season. My setups are a st croix 7ft ul with symetre 500 and i have a stradic ci4 that really needs to see some action. Plan on only using artificial baits this season. What month do you guys start hitting these spots?

Well they generally start stocking trout mid October early Novmeber..so any where around there. Rancho jurupa is a good plce to fish...but it gets fished out quick. ohh and last season I almost got jumped by some guys because i told them its not allowed to snag fish...but when u go shoot me a pm and we can meet up..

Trout 1

Trout 1
09-28-2010, 09:20 PM
Hey Trout 1! How goes it buddy LTNS!

I got a nice Bob Barr 8' custom in the making as we speak that I do have to break in when its finished. Love to fish with ya again sometime. Keep in touch!

PS I hear Ande tournament makes a 2lb pink line O_o. I may have to acquire some of this and check it out =) and tell ya how it works.

Koshaw

Hey bro!! Yeah we need to meet up and kill some fish! pink 2lb huh? let me know how it is....

Trout 1

jonnyfishon
09-29-2010, 08:17 AM
as usual, corona, guasti, rancho jurupa, and glen helen are my prime choices, but i will fish lnl and irvine on an occasion , i will need fresh spools of 2lb. izorline tho, tight lines

pwynn
09-29-2010, 10:18 AM
I fish trout 12 months out of the year. So I am ready come every Friday.

Trout 1
09-29-2010, 10:35 AM
I fish trout 12 months out of the year. So I am ready come every Friday.

i do also! I was talking about the county parks and pay lakes.

TRout 1

dfisher
09-29-2010, 09:21 PM
hard to believe that its trout season right around the corner.

Koshaw
09-30-2010, 06:34 AM
I went with a group 2x to Jenks Lake in August and we got 12 `bows up to 2lbs max each time :D. I got to teach noobs and they all caught fish and we had a blast. I think they stopped stocking Jenks though :( for the rest of the year anyway. Tell me when you are going and I will be there!

Trout 1
09-30-2010, 10:51 AM
I went with a group 2x to Jenks Lake in August and we got 12 `bows up to 2lbs max each time :D. I got to teach noobs and they all caught fish and we had a blast. I think they stopped stocking Jenks though :( for the rest of the year anyway. Tell me when you are going and I will be there!

Good stuff man!!! did u fish off shore? I can never get around the weeds :(....

Andrew

Korin
09-30-2010, 11:06 AM
I am a trout junkie!!!

If any of you do not mind a women coming along let me know. I fish 90% of the time on my own and I really like it this way however i'm trying to meet a few fishing buddies.

Korin
Friend of Bills

Trout 1
09-30-2010, 11:11 AM
Yeah everyone is welcome!!! Where do u fish?

Trout 1
Andrew

Koshaw
09-30-2010, 01:38 PM
Andrew: yep shore fishing there is ONE good spot :D a deep channel where the fish hang out in about 40-60 yards out.

Korin: I am 2 blocks outside of Santa Monica and am always looking for fishing partners regardless of gender lol.

I know Sue a gal who got a nice 8lber bow beating my 6lb personal record :D The experience and skill of the fisherperson only matter. Where ya go Korin?

Matt44
09-30-2010, 01:57 PM
yeah cant wait for next week at corona mini jigging off the rocks is what its all about!! but like most others corona, irvine, and LnL. and even Damond valley. its gonna Be another good year! still gettin the tail end of the sierra season bridgeport is goin off right now with browns!

Korin
10-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Hi,

I'll fish anywhere I can find trout from Big Bear to Mammoth lakes. I've not fished Bishop or the Kern river, hopefully soon.

I was planning to go up to Mammoth earlier this week however I've decided to wait about 10 days, so I can be up there for the Fall Colors.

Trout 1
10-01-2010, 11:05 PM
Hi,

I'll fish anywhere I can find trout from Big Bear to Mammoth lakes. I've not fished Bishop or the Kern river, hopefully soon.

I was planning to go up to Mammoth earlier this week however I've decided to wait about 10 days, so I can be up there for the Fall Colors.

Bishop is great...u should try it on ur way to mamoth1

trout 1

smokinflies
10-02-2010, 07:43 AM
Hi,

What days are you gonna be up there?

Korin
10-02-2010, 08:58 AM
Hi,

I just called Rick's in Mammoth and was told that off and on rain was expected for most of the week. Tuesday the the 5th it might snow.

I'm trying to be in Mammoth for the Fall Color change and a final Sierra fishing trip for 2010. At this point I'm planning to leave anytime after the 8th, it all depends on the weather.

smokinflies
10-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Tight lines up there and let us know how it goes.

MichelleBedore
10-03-2010, 12:11 AM
I am a trout junkie!!!

If any of you do not mind a women coming along let me know. I fish 90% of the time on my own and I really like it this way however i'm trying to meet a few fishing buddies.

Korin
Friend of Bills

Pssst...Korin, hey buddy!
Oh and I'm a longtime friend of Bill too, Holy Chit, small world. :Big Grin:

Here's some eye candy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY-fypwC0BA

pwynn
10-04-2010, 10:48 AM
No one metioned Lake Hemet.

bstolton
10-04-2010, 08:06 PM
love lake hemet, usually fish from shore wilderness side. I have seen you out there trolling for the big ones.

Trout 1
10-04-2010, 08:23 PM
I have only fished hemet once. got skunked....i hear its a good trolling lake..

Trout 1
Andrew

bman90278
10-06-2010, 07:02 AM
I'm so ready for trout season. I almost have all the gear I need and now my son is 5 yrs old and he cant wait too. I'll be waiting for the local trout plants down here in the South Bay and we'll definitely hit the Vine too. I wish I had the extra cash to hit the special Vine Event next month.

Can't wait.

jiggaman
10-06-2010, 03:47 PM
cant wait........................

farmerandy16
10-06-2010, 04:02 PM
hey jiggaman

i bet i catch a bigger trout than you this season :D

bsp
10-06-2010, 05:17 PM
I'm so ready for trout season. I almost have all the gear I need and now my son is 5 yrs old and he cant wait too. I'll be waiting for the local trout plants down here in the South Bay and we'll definitely hit the Vine too. I wish I had the extra cash to hit the special Vine Event next month.

Can't wait.

I'm waiting for the trout plants to go stick some trout munching swimbait fish... also PM sent on a secret for catching trout with your kid.

Thisfool
10-06-2010, 05:55 PM
im going to try to spend as much time as possible at Irvine and corona. im going to try to devote my self to a lure only policy this year. i want to do allot of trolling and jigging thanks to all of info from the great people on this site that i was given last season i feel confident in doing this and that i will at least catch a fish or to well that’s if money allows me to go fishing at all.

any trout i catch this year will be due to all of those who gave tips, hints and advice thank you in advance to all who helped me

RiversideTrout77
10-06-2010, 08:40 PM
I can't wait for trout season to kick off, I like fishing corona, rancho jurupa, yucaipa and this year I'm going to make sure I hit up irvine a few times.

Bradakas
10-06-2010, 09:34 PM
Just bought 2 new spools of 2lb test florocarbon to kick off this trout season :)

smokehound
10-06-2010, 11:55 PM
I already have two thomas buoyants ready to go, placed some split-rings in the noses.. good to go!

Need to pick me up some chartreuse PB. Trout season should be starting early this year.

BufordT9
10-07-2010, 08:09 AM
I've already started my Trout season! Not at the urban level however!

Gonna break in a new UglyStik 6ft.

BBL, Glen Helen!, SARL. Never been to Corona lake, so I am looking forward to it. Hopefully this year we will see more than just ONE Lightning Trout stocking.

Good luck to everyone.

Trout 1
10-07-2010, 12:01 PM
I've already started my Trout season! Not at the urban level however!

Gonna break in a new UglyStik 6ft.

BBL, Glen Helen!, SARL. Never been to Corona lake, so I am looking forward to it. Hopefully this year we will see more than just ONE Lightning Trout stocking.

Good luck to everyone.

Yeah I haven't caught a lighting yet...hopfully this season!

Trout 1
Andrew

jiggaman
10-07-2010, 01:11 PM
hey jiggaman

i bet i catch a bigger trout than you this season :Dwell the mark to beat is 6 lb 7oz... i got a big alper in mammoth lol

Trout 1
10-07-2010, 05:45 PM
well the mark to beat is 6 lb 7oz... i got a big alper in mammoth lol

Man dont worry about Andy, he cant catch any big ones hahaha JK andy...

Bradakas
10-07-2010, 07:01 PM
Yeah I haven't caught a lighting yet...hopfully this season!

Trout 1
Andrew

Here's two I got last year. 5lb and 2lb. I think they're the best tasting out all the other stocked varieties.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Bradakas/lightingtrout5.jpg

Trout 1
10-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Here's two I got last year. 5lb and 2lb. I think they're the best tasting out all the other stocked varieties.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Bradakas/lightingtrout5.jpg

Good job bro!!! that one is a fattie...

trout 1
Andrew

jmp_fishinn
10-07-2010, 07:28 PM
time to bust out the crank bait :LOL: :Cool:

Trout 1
10-07-2010, 08:52 PM
time to bust out the crank bait :LOL: :Cool:

LMAO!!!!! that day was crazy man!!!! see u out there this year,,,,,

Trout 1
Andrew

jmp_fishinn
10-07-2010, 09:01 PM
LMAO!!!!! that day was crazy man!!!! see u out there this year,,,,,

Trout 1
Andrew

hahah. theres more of those days to come!! lol.
But since i have my swimbait set-up now, it's time for stripers too!

yeah man forsure! let me know when you hit up the lakes(ponds)! lol.

Trout 1
10-07-2010, 09:30 PM
hahah. theres more of those days to come!! lol.
But since i have my swimbait set-up now, it's time for stripers too!

yeah man forsure! let me know when you hit up the lakes(ponds)! lol.

Ill hit u up fer sure bro...we need to have a slay day at Rancho again..

Andrew

cooks hooks
10-08-2010, 12:26 PM
what lake is LNL. Where is it located.

bsp
10-08-2010, 12:30 PM
Laguna Niguel Lake is in Laguna Niguel down in Orange County.

jiggaman
10-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Good job bro!!! that one is a fattie...

trout 1
Andrewyeah man lightnings are the shiznit

Trout 1
10-08-2010, 05:23 PM
yeah man lightnings are the shiznit

Yeah i cant wait to catch some of these bad boys. I have seen u at rancho a few times....you know what your doing man!

Trout 1

jiggaman
10-08-2010, 10:48 PM
who is down for corona tomorrow?

BufordT9
10-09-2010, 12:30 AM
I cant wait for the lightning trout stocking.

FLYFISHING MD
10-09-2010, 07:10 PM
trout 1 did you get a fly set up:???:

Trout 1
10-10-2010, 10:10 AM
trout 1 did you get a fly set up:???:

Im still workin on it man!!! Im going to get it soon tho!!!

Trout 1