PDA

View Full Version : Killing them on KPN's and Zara Spooks..

goose2foru
09-22-2010, 03:14 PM
Decided to take a late trip to castaic with my buddy paul got the boat in the water around noon and decided to fish some Flukes for a while got a few tiny Lmbs and then a little later it was nothing but hunting boils and killin them on the Kpn and zara sppoks only saw two really good boils that were about 20 yards or so in diamater and lasted for about 30 seconds hunted down the occasion boils and were able to get some nice Lmbs and Quite a few strippers for dinner. Unfortuantly 1 of the nicer Lmbs got the tail treble hook in the gills and two other smaller engulfed the lures and were not salvagable so rather then let them die they came home as well. a very good day we were on the fish we caught so many we lost count and were just throwing the strippers back because it was more than myself and his family could eat.. unbelievable action I moved here from the east coast and have been waiting for this all year.. here are a few pics didnt take any pics of the strippers we were catching on the boat because ther was just no time boil after boil and i was more intrested in rippin there lips off. lol nothing two big though I will definetly be heading out there again next wednesday if you see me on the water gve me shout..

kpn
09-22-2010, 03:49 PM
Congrats on a great catching day. They are out there, just have to look for them.

KPN.

fishinone
09-22-2010, 04:04 PM
Nice job on the topwater.

You should probably not say anything about taking the bass. Some guys get all upset.

goose2foru
09-22-2010, 04:13 PM
I dont keep them unless the LMb is harmed. released al lot of lmbs and strippers but one lmb got the tail end treble hook caught in the gills and comletly ruined the gill, douring the fight. and two others were unsalvagable. I dont agree with keepin the green backs either unless you know they are gonna die.. I want them to live another day so I can slay them when they are over the double digit range....

E.A.R.G.
09-22-2010, 04:33 PM
nice job on the water.

completely respectable, what he did with the bass. better on a dinner plate than dead and wasted.

goose2foru
09-22-2010, 04:39 PM
thanks guys, I am from pennsylvania and just moved here so i really know the worth of a quality bass they just dont get that big there and I am on a mission for a double digit. so if unharmed always best to throw them back... it is easier to go to lake erie where I use to live and catch a 5lb smallmouth than to get a 5 pound largemouth lol... The fishing was wide open though wind currents had the shad pressed up in a cove and the LMB were useing the inside wall of the cove as a ambush point and the schollie stripers were just bustting all over the place...

CL SmooV
09-22-2010, 04:59 PM
Nice Feesh Goose !!!!!!

Havent to the Upper all year. I think its time!

And oh, Go Phillies! (just read youre from Penn)

-Smoov

dixoncider
09-22-2010, 04:59 PM
That sounds like some good fishing..Thanks for the report...see you up there Friday...

phantom 34
09-22-2010, 06:40 PM
nice report but where are the pics of the strippers?i was hoping to see some girls in bikinis......LOL

goose2foru
09-22-2010, 06:47 PM
was not to worried about the spelling and grammar just trying to get the report out there.. while I am busy at work. if i was not at work you can be sure that I would be rippin lips..lol

trail blazer
09-22-2010, 08:09 PM
GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for thge QUALITY report,,,,,,,,maby there friday myself

TRAIL BLAZER

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-23-2010, 10:31 AM
way ta go guys....give 'em a beatdown !

Saweet slayage : )

Gary

DodgersFan
09-23-2010, 01:49 PM
dont be releasing stripers. come on now. if you appreciate the largemouth than kill those stripers. there are more than plenty

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-23-2010, 02:55 PM
GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for thge QUALITY report,,,,,,,,maby there friday myself

TRAIL BLAZER
Break in da new boat with BLOOD....?

pre-fishin for striper fest ?? ahhhh ha ha ha..

getting a lil ancy ?

(sorry for thread jack)

goose2foru
09-24-2010, 12:00 PM
Cant wait to get out there on next wednesday and hopefully get some bigger fish...