PDA

View Full Version : Echo after Work

CL SmooV
09-21-2010, 11:49 PM
Worked late tonight so on the way home I stopped by ole echo to hook a bass. Caught 2 usin' the shallow crankbaits. Might as well put in some time here to see if i can hook a DD out of this pond since I hear they are supposed to drain it early next year.

goose2foru
09-22-2010, 03:40 PM
i hit up echo the other day when i had no way to get my boat to the lake since i live close and got a nice chunky 3lber out of there and few really small dinks on robo worm...

CL SmooV
09-22-2010, 04:09 PM
i hit up echo the other day when i had no way to get my boat to the lake since i live close and got a nice chunky 3lber out of there and few really small dinks on robo worm...

Nice! I have been stopping by echo quite fequently for the past couple months. Why? I was tossin out a crank one afternoon/early evening back in june and 10 feet before the lure got back to me i seen a freakin huge bass chassin. Heart dropped! Been chasin that fish ever since.

goose2foru
09-22-2010, 04:19 PM
I didnt think there would be anything in there until i went. send me a message next time you are gonna be there and maybe we can do some damage together. good luck and you have been doin pretty good on the nyte sessions lately... I just took the boat to castaic yesterday and the the fishing was wide open last nite made a post in castiac section title is killin them on kpns and zara spooks.... good luck on getting that toad out of the echo.....

CL SmooV
09-22-2010, 04:56 PM
I didnt think there would be anything in there until i went. send me a message next time you are gonna be there and maybe we can do some damage together. good luck and you have been doin pretty good on the nyte sessions lately... I just took the boat to castaic yesterday and the the fishing was wide open last nite made a post in castiac section title is killin them on kpns and zara spooks.... good luck on getting that toad out of the echo.....

Will do Goose! Thanks! And I will check your post out right now...

CPT. Kirk
09-22-2010, 05:05 PM
Great job CL I hope I get a chance to fish Echo before they drain it. I live in Upland but spend a lot of time working in the LA area.

stressD
09-22-2010, 06:59 PM
nice catch

I need to stop by echo sometime and give it a try, it's only 10min away. the only things that's prevented me from checking out the lake was all the talk about poor water quality. how's the water compared to a place like legg lake?

CL SmooV
09-23-2010, 04:04 PM
Great job CL I hope I get a chance to fish Echo before they drain it. I live in Upland but spend a lot of time working in the LA area.

Hey Kirk, lets fish next Thursday afternoon. I am off work at 5. I work downtown so I be there by 515. PM me and let me know if you can make it.

CL SmooV
09-23-2010, 04:05 PM
nice catch

I need to stop by echo sometime and give it a try, it's only 10min away. the only things that's prevented me from checking out the lake was all the talk about poor water quality. how's the water compared to a place like legg lake?

Water Q can be bad at some parts of the lake. I gurantee if you walk around you will find some nice water to present all types of lures.

Check it out.

BassinChef
09-25-2010, 01:19 AM
i have had some luck around the docks on the echo side with robos and senkos. I fish it occasionally on Monday evenings or other weekdays before work when I buy a new combo and want to dial it in.

BassinChef

Vman
09-28-2010, 04:56 PM
Looks like a good time. I don't know about Echo Park at night though. Maybe I am just too paranoid. Gotta love the night bite. Everything is quiet, the surface smooth, and the fish could be just anywhere. Thanks for the post.

CL SmooV
09-28-2010, 10:04 PM
Looks like a good time. I don't know about Echo Park at night though. Maybe I am just too paranoid. Gotta love the night bite. Everything is quiet, the surface smooth, and the fish could be just anywhere. Thanks for the post.

Hey Vman, dont let the scardy cats fool you!

Echo is safe. In fact, Ive been fisnhing as late as midnight and I see women walking their little rat dogs. Good inidcator of safety if you ask me.

And when Im fishing late, 5.0 always cruises the park. And you more than likely will NOT be the only night angler there. On any given night.

-Smoov