PDA

View Full Version : Headed to fish the bishop area in two weeks i need info??

Matt44
09-21-2010, 01:17 PM
never fished the area! looking for some tips on where to fish at on sabrina and south lake. streams and intakes whatever info i can get i would greatly appreciate. thanks

Matt 44

golfish
09-21-2010, 04:29 PM
Matt, If you google Sabrina you'll come up with a pretty good report. I wish we would hear from more here because my son and I are heading up a week from tomorrow. I've been fishing the Sierra's for 25 years and have never been to either of these lakes. Weather permitting we plan to camp up there the first few nights.

Matt44
09-21-2010, 04:44 PM
yeah iv fished bridgeport a bunch this year along with convict but i havent tried my luck in bishop. both lakes look beautiful so we will see how it goes!

fish'n fool
09-21-2010, 06:44 PM
Just got back from that area last weekend. The fishing was very good, especially at North Lake (just below Sabrina). Caught 3 sixteen inchers and C & R'd many, many, many stockers up to 12 inches. Lost 2 other 16" models on the middle fork of Bishop Creek. Used brown, pink and orange Powerworms, 2# line with a #10 Owner mosquito hook and a #5 split shot. Sabrina from the dam near the spillway and South Lake between the boat ramp and the dam were so-so. Can't go wrong hiking the south fork of Bishop Creek from South Lake downstream through Parcher's Resort. For what it's worth.

Criss
09-21-2010, 09:27 PM
Stop in at Lake Diaz by Lone Pine on the way up. They have GIANT holdover trout in there.

TROUT MASTERS
09-22-2010, 08:25 AM
Left on hyw 6 just pass the bridge,park on the right side dirt road.pass the gate.
Under the brige,i killed them with rooster tail (rainbow color)
9-15-10.released about 15-18 fish.