PDA

View Full Version : Big Virginia 9-20

billy b
09-21-2010, 11:44 AM
Had to make a beautiful 2.5 hour trip to Bishop for bus ... on the way back stopped off to see what Gull was doing ... shore by the park people were getting bit ... said Sunday was 40 mph winds

Lundy looked busy but it's a bit of the walk to the shore fishing (I'm guessing the water level was low) ... and there were a lot of folk so I decided to move on up to the Virginias.

No one was fishing the shore at Big Virginia ... so I forced myself to bait up. 3 parties came and left with no fish. I got 11-12 in 3 hours. Didn't know if it was polite to offer suggestions ... I will always tell em what I'm doing if asked.

Secret was to use a 5-6 foot leader ... and also the new Salmon Peach ... a few were nice sized bows ... but nothing big ... no brownies or brookies. I think the brownies don't like PBait ... not sure about the brooks.

The best part of the day was the drive ... weather was right around 68-72 ... great time to be in sanctuary.

Wingnut
09-21-2010, 12:51 PM
Had to make a beautiful 2.5 hour trip to Bishop for bus ... on the way back stopped off to see what Gull was doing ... shore by the park people were getting bit ... said Sunday was 40 mph winds

Lundy looked busy but it's a bit of the walk to the shore fishing (I'm guessing the water level was low) ... and there were a lot of folk so I decided to move on up to the Virginias.

No one was fishing the shore at Big Virginia ... so I forced myself to bait up. 3 parties came and left with no fish. I got 11-12 in 3 hours. Didn't know if it was polite to offer suggestions ... I will always tell em what I'm doing if asked.

Secret was to use a 5-6 foot leader ... and also the new Salmon Peach ... a few were nice sized bows ... but nothing big ... no brownies or brookies. I think the brownies don't like PBait ... not sure about the brooks.

The best part of the day was the drive ... weather was right around 68-72 ... great time to be in sanctuary.

Thanks for the tip, :Wink: sounds like you had a really nice trip. I love it up there. :Big Grin:

TROUT MASTERS
09-21-2010, 01:18 PM
I WAS THERE ON JULY 19TH WEEKEND
AND ONLY WAY ME AND MY BOYS WERE CATCHING BOG BROOKE ON THE
BABY NIGHTCRAWLER,LOST FEW BIG ONES,I WAS USING ONLY 2 POUND TEST
AND FORGAT TO SET THE DRAG.
NEXT TIME USE THOSE CRAWLERS.WORKED BEST FOR ME.:Secret::Secret::Secret:

billy b
09-21-2010, 03:22 PM
FYI ... I did try baby NC's ... inflated ... but maybe was wrong to use the whole thing. Are you dividing in half and using first one half then the other next time?

TROUT MASTERS
09-27-2010, 07:05 AM
Yes,i did cut them in half and was using a #10 hook.
Make sure you keep yourself away from the water,those fish get spooked
fast.just like browns,
good luck..