PDA

View Full Version : Humboldt Squid

Techtito
09-21-2010, 10:17 AM
When are these bad boys scheduled to arrive? I think it’s about this time. Anyone know how I can find out when they arrive?

EL_CHIDO
09-21-2010, 10:19 AM
They were here around April.

Just always keep on eye on a few landing's fish count/news.

TaperSteve
09-21-2010, 11:02 AM
Think it was late Jan to early April. I went on the Dana Wharf early Feb and it was WFO. Think I caught seven 30-6o lb in about an hour. I cant wait till they come through again.

TS

Techtito
09-21-2010, 11:12 AM
Awe... Missed it. Thanks for the info.

Ifishtoolittle
09-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Some pretty strange replies we got right here. Most people would rather do with the Humbolts due to their destructive nature to eat practically any species of fish. Some would say it was the Humbolts' fault for the low Sandbass counts in the past. Then again I sure everyone here is aware of how many squid died this past season so thus epic sandbass fishing during the summer, at least for a little while that is. Anyways, don't forget your squid jigs and low gear reels.

Fish Dog
09-21-2010, 09:06 PM
If you're wishing for the humboldts to come back then you might as well wish for unrestricted year round commercial fishing anywhere along our coast. The results will be the same. Decimation of the local fish populations. Why do you think fishing has sucked around here the last few years?

labboss2003
09-21-2010, 10:40 PM
They never left...........................been seen and caught every month this year, last week off newport there where a few caught by those who looked around.