PDA

View Full Version : Boils, Boils Everywhere! Wide Open KPN Topwater Bite

fishinone
09-20-2010, 01:25 PM
I went out this morning with FarmerJohn and KPN.

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/9-20-2010%20Castaic%20Topwater/IMG00161-20100920-0717.jpg
Here they are on the way out.

Our first stop was on some boils up in one of the big coves on the east side of the fish arm. The fish sunk out before we got to them.

We moved on and explored the whole fish arm. There wasn't too much action, so we went around to the ski arm.

We passed a couple of guys on a small boil and left it to them, only to find a larger boil a couple hundred yards farther down.

I started throwing a casting spoon but only got one short hit on it. As soon as I switched to the KPN Topwater I put 2 fish in the boat.

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/9-20-2010%20Castaic%20Topwater/IMG00162-20100920-0816.jpg
I got these two, one cast after the other.

A few minites later Khanh says lets go around the point I can hear them over there. We went around the point into a boil that lasted and lasted. We were in there for at least twenty minutes. Khanh was putting a little better grade of schoolie in the boat here and John was catching too. I was just practicing at this point:Secret:.

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/9-20-2010%20Castaic%20Topwater/IMG00164-20100920-0851.jpg
FarmerJohn and Khanh picked up our first double. Take note, that both were caught on the KPN topwater.

That was neat to watch. They cast together, walked the lures together and struck together. Then they landed the fish together. It was like synchronized fishing!:LOL:

We moved on after a while and found a boil in the mouth of Slalom Cove.

We left those boils boiling and moved out in the lake, to what we thought might be some bigger fish.

Khanh put on an absolute show with his topwater lures. He was getting fish to come up, when there were no boils and take the KPN Topwater and he did it over and over. That's amazing, those fish are leaving the live fish that they're following to come take his lure.

Then I watched as FarmerJohn did a little harvesting. He was working his plug underwater when three big fish turned on it, right where we could see them, they paused before one actually grabbed it. John set the hook and played this 8 lb fish while it tried to get him in the motor. I was looking over the back end of the boat while this thing made a couple passes at the prop. John worked him beautifully and kept him out of the prop. I think this is the only fish we netted.

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/9-20-2010%20Castaic%20Topwater/IMG00168-20100920-1049.jpg
Here's John's big fish with his big feet.

We went around the ski arm looking for more boils after they died down a little bit there. We found them without any trouble. Boils boils boils.

We had one triple. We all had fish on at the same time. Sorry on pics, we were busy!:Razz:

Khanh kept calling fish up from the depths while John and I tried to pick up this method. John got it before I did, but I got it. Rip the lure 6 to 10 inches and pause then repeat.

I watched a fish come up "fast" and hammer the KPN Topwater plug. There were no boils, it just came to the lure in open water. What a blast!

I took a series of photos of the floor of the boat. " For insurance purposes, of coarse! lol We had to be really careful walking.

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/9-20-2010%20Castaic%20Topwater/IMG00165-20100920-1048.jpg
Here's the front up near Khanh.

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/9-20-2010%20Castaic%20Topwater/IMG00166-20100920-1048.jpg
Here's the Harvest Floor near John.

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/9-20-2010%20Castaic%20Topwater/IMG00167-20100920-1048.jpg
Here's the floor down below me. Some of those are John's.

John dropped us off at the dock and Khanh gave me a ride to my truck and went back.

They are still out there!:LOL:

Thank you FarmerJohn and KPN for taking me fishing with you today.

koifish
09-20-2010, 01:58 PM
congrat ...the slay... nice job...

CAPT'N
09-20-2010, 02:11 PM
s-a-w-e-e-e-e-t !

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-20-2010, 02:31 PM
Nice work there guys.....classic boil slayage....sooooo Sweet : )

way ta go....

KPN topwater slamfest !

Wooo-hoo.

Yeah those lures work great topwater, finningthem on boiling feesh or dead water strike draw....

They do produce....

Nice work...very nice.

Maybe I should get me one of those lures : )

way ta go....

Congrats !
Gary

fishinone
09-20-2010, 03:57 PM
Thanks guys.

I didn't say earlier, but we caught all of the fish on the KPN Topwater Shad today.

Nice work there guys.....classic boil slayage....sooooo Sweet : )

way ta go....

KPN topwater slamfest !

Wooo-hoo.

Yeah those lures work great topwater, finningthem on boiling feesh or dead water strike draw....

They do produce....

Nice work...very nice.

Maybe I should get me one of those lures : )

way ta go....

Congrats !
Gary

Thanks Gary,

If I was you, I'd look for one of those lures right at the end of one of your fishing poles. If it isn't there look right in the top of your tackle box. ; )

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-20-2010, 04:00 PM
Thanks guys.

I didn't say earlier, but we caught all of the fish on the KPN Topwater Shad today.

Thanks Gary,

If I was you, I'd look for one of those lures right at the end of one of your fishing poles. ; )

Ohhh crap.....I jsut looked.....AND low and behold......it was THERE !

How did you know that ?.....

msos
09-20-2010, 04:04 PM
Can't wait to try my KPN top water lure. Thank for the nice report.

cutbait
09-20-2010, 04:13 PM
sweet report guys.

Gnarly is defined by you three gentlemen

kpn
09-20-2010, 04:29 PM
Ron,
Thank you for being out fishing with us before work........We have a B L A S T!!!!
After I dropped you off, I went out with John for another hr, We got 2 more each and I left at 1.00pm to pick up my kids.

Thanks John for the invite...........It's always fun to fishing with friends and catching fish..

They are there!!!!! Go get em guys.

Khanh aka KPN.

fishinone
09-20-2010, 04:30 PM
Ohhh crap.....I jsut looked.....AND low and behold......it was THERE !

How did you know that ?.....

I've got ESPN.

kpn
09-20-2010, 04:32 PM
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kpn.

fishinone
09-20-2010, 04:44 PM
Can't wait to try my KPN top water lure. Thank for the nice report.

m...---..., I don't think you can go wrong by going soon! The report was our pleasure.

sweet report guys.

Gnarly is defined by you three gentlemen

Thanks Cutbait,

Image is everything and we do have gnarly images.:LOL:

Ron,
Thank you for being out fishing with us before work........We have a B L A S T!!!!
After I dropped you off, I went out with John for another hr, We got 2 more each and I left at 1.00pm to pick up my kids.

Thanks John for the invite...........It's always fun to fishing with friends and catching fish..

They are there!!!!! Go get em guys.

Khanh aka KPN.

Congrats on the catching, you're like a fish catching machine!

My pleasure! I'll be glad to let you guys take me fishing anytime.:Razz:

yolo
09-20-2010, 05:14 PM
Yee haw. Rounding up those fish. Nice going out there.

MonsterGuppy
09-20-2010, 05:46 PM
very nice report, im glad its starting to turn on now..about time lol.

trail blazer
09-20-2010, 09:11 PM
OOOOOOOOYAAAAAAAAAAAAA,,,,,,,,Topwater STRIPERS rule the fresh.

YOU GUYS OWNE,d,,,,,,WTG my friends,,,,,,,,,,,,,Cant wait to get my BRAND NEW BOAT on a STRIPER BLOODBATH.

SEE YOUALL SOON

CONGRATS
TRAIL BLAZER

Hitts0n
09-20-2010, 09:56 PM
Slaying !! Goos job guys !!

Fishthewhaler
09-21-2010, 12:01 AM
Pyramid's worth a trip right now, get there early and don't leave the main channel. KPN's kickin arse up there tooo. Staright ripper up there from 6am-8am with shad climbing up the banks,,,what a sight to see! I'm heading up Wednesday for more. Nice kill Guys

VietReefer
09-21-2010, 03:55 AM
KPN rules .. good job guys :)

TROUT MASTERS
09-21-2010, 06:29 AM
Nice stripers...
Good job.

stg68
09-21-2010, 06:59 AM
Yea!!!
For some reason KPN lures works !!!!!!!!!!

Good job, guys!!!!!!!!!!!

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::Embarrassed::Embarrassed::Emb arrassed::Razz::Razz::Razz::EyePop::EyePop::EyePop :

fishinone
09-21-2010, 09:38 AM
Yee haw. Rounding up those fish. Nice going out there.

Thanks Yolo,

But!... You AV Duct guys are spoiled by all those big fish.:LOL:

very nice report, im glad its starting to turn on now..about time lol.

Thanks M/G,

I'd say it's on and wouldn't be surprised if it stayed on for a while.

OOOOOOOOYAAAAAAAAAAAAA,,,,,,,,Topwater STRIPERS rule the fresh.

YOU GUYS OWNE,d,,,,,,WTG my friends,,,,,,,,,,,,,Cant wait to get my BRAND NEW BOAT on a STRIPER BLOODBATH.

SEE YOUALL SOON

CONGRATS
TRAIL BLAZER

I can't wait to see your new CC. You told me about it at Gallion's. It should be a nice fishing machine.

Slaying !! Goos job guys !!

Thank you Hitts,

If you want to catch striper, you'll have to quit using catfish bait.:LOL: That was a nice cat you got on Saturday.

Pyramid's worth a trip right now, get there early and don't leave the main channel. KPN's kickin arse up there tooo. Staright ripper up there from 6am-8am with shad climbing up the banks,,,what a sight to see! I'm heading up Wednesday for more. Nice kill Guys

It's been a while since I was at Pyramid. I have a buddy who fly fishes from a tube in the channel I'll have to give him a call.

Castaic has been producing till lunch time. You could hit it up on the way home from the mid.

KPN rules .. good job guys :)

They're good lures. He's making lures that he can catch fish with, then sharing them with us.

Nice stripers...
Good job.

Thank you TROUT MASTERS,

Do you do STRIPER?

Yea!!!
For some reason KPN lures works !!!!!!!!!!

Good job, guys!!!!!!!!!!!

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::Embarrassed::Embarrassed::Emb arrassed::Razz::Razz::Razz::EyePop::EyePop::EyePop :

They sure do! Khanh thinks like a fish.:LOL:

When we're on the lake, if he says, lets try this or that, we just do it and "try to find out why".:Wink:

kpn
09-21-2010, 12:08 PM
One thing I forgot to mention is.......That is John Personal Best striper on a lure.

Congratulation on your PB John :Applause::Applause::Applause:.

We all witnessed when the fish came up for the lure, missed the first strike and came back for it....It was a sight to see.....and John fought her like a tropper :Wink:.

Khanh aka KPN.

TroutOnly
09-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Boilwhores,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

fishinone
09-21-2010, 12:39 PM
One thing I forgot to mention is.......That is John Personal Best striper on a lure.

Congratulation on your PB John :Applause::Applause::Applause:.

We all witnessed when the fish came up for the lure, missed the first strike and came back for it....It was a sight to see.....and John fought her like a tropper :Wink:.

Khanh aka KPN.

I forgot about that being John's PB. Congrats FarmerJohn.

You should have seen that fight from my perspective. You had your pole down in the water and it was up higher than your rod tip, swimming back and forth at the prop. It didn't miss it by much.

I didn't see that first strike. I must have heard it and looked over.

Topwater is so much fun!:Big Grin:

fishinone
09-22-2010, 06:59 AM
Hi Bob,

Where you been?

Boilwhores,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Well? If the shoe fits! :LOL: