PDA

View Full Version : HOT!!! Bridgeport Reservoir 9/18 9/19 + little Virginia and lower twin 9/19

Matt44
09-20-2010, 12:15 PM
9/18 Bridgeport reservoir

headed up to Bridgeport this past weekend to camp for my moms birthday,and some trout fishing! got up Friday night we stayed at the Bridgeport Reservoir. got out on the water at about ten on sat morning. i set my first rig up with a small straight hook, and a split shot with about an 18 inch leader. rigged a green gulp floating salmon egg and a half of a crawler, this produced just about every cast right out in the middle of the lake in front of paradise shores out to rainbow point. between four of us we all limited. lots of nice size rainbows in the pound and a half to 2lb range. caught two browns one was a pound and a half and the other was 2 and a half. these fell for the nightcrawlers as well. i tossed all kinds of various powerworms for nothing, which surprised me because i was up two weeks ago and thats how i caught most of my fish! all in all first day was an epic day these browns were beautiful! all fish were pink meated!

9/19 Bridgeport Reservoir

got out on the reservoir with my buddy don at about 745 in the morning for some trolling with colors we tossed Buoyants at em! gold and red seemed to be the trick we were about 3 colors down in about 14 feet of water. caught 19 in about an hour, all rainbows mostly 16-20 inches, these fish were all caught and released! all really nice fish. the wind picked up really early Sunday at like 9 am so it put a damper on things. decided to take the boat in!

9/19 Little Virginia

drove up to Little Virginia since i had never been there, checked it out with the family. equipped with one rod and my little box of lures! i was only there for about twenty minutes but it was really windy there too. i crossed over the bridge on the left and fished where the water drains down. tossed about twenty casts and caught one brown about 15 inches, released safely and swam away. but this water was very clear i seen many fish following my buoyant! i cant wait to fish this when i come back up in two weeks!

9/19 Lower Twin

drove around the lake the sisters kids wanted to see deer and i knew there would be some there! crossed over the bridge separating the lower and upper. stopped for about 20 mins on the lower where the water runs down seen lots of little Kokonee. seen three guys fly fishing so i joined them and just tossed the same gold and red buoyant and i caught one little rainbow like a pound. they guys said they weren't getting bit and were surprised i managed one. best thing was we seen about a big brown roll over on top of the water. he was huge!! at least ten pounds or bigger!

one of the best trips to Bridgeport!!! i have pics and will try and get them up soon so stay tuned! keep your lines tight.

Matt44

TROUT MASTERS
09-20-2010, 09:15 PM
I was in bridgeport on labor day
robinson creek below lower twin was the hot spot
cant wait till october 15th,
good day !!

tizzfishin
09-20-2010, 10:48 PM
I am heading to bridgeport Wednesday 9-22 through Sunday 9-26. My Dad lives at Paradise Shores. We will be trolling the res and lower twin lakes. Also hoping to find some goldens. Can't wait to get on the 395.

FSHNLIC
09-21-2010, 05:55 PM
Gotta luv them Brownies!!!!

BIGBASS MB
09-22-2010, 10:23 PM
I just got back from Bridgport, it was Awesome, we fished the Walker river for browns and the Resivoir for some big Rainbows...
Thanks to my BRO MIKE for the detailed directions to the HOT spot.
MB

TROUT MASTERS
09-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Bigbass mb (whats up bro)
next time we will go with boys and we will kill those big browns !!
I need to post all my pick next few days.
I know few hot spots,thats hard to tell how to get there,
family secret
:Secret::Secret::Secret::Secret::Secret:
:Twisted::Twisted::Twisted::Twisted::Twisted:
:Wink::Wink::Wink::Wink::Wink::Wink:

BIGBASS MB
09-22-2010, 11:00 PM
Brotherman, just got back today form up there.. We had a very good trip overall, Nice browns and Alpers...
Thanks again for all your help...
ps:
get singed up with Photobucket to be able to upload your photos
MB

TROUT MASTERS
09-23-2010, 06:34 AM
Thanks, i will.

teejay
09-24-2010, 10:51 AM
Great report Matt. Thanks for sharring your techniques.