PDA

View Full Version : fairmount's carp!!!

catfish 17
09-20-2010, 01:15 AM
Hey everyone, i was wondering if anyone knows a good spot to fish for carps or cats in fairmount lake?:Secret: I was there today with the family but didn't go fishing at all. :Smile:Any help will do.

Thanks allot.:Big Grin:

carpanglerdude
09-20-2010, 09:11 PM
Lately I've been seeing people catch carp in the main lake (Evans), in the water near the island. Tortillas, bread, whatever-the carp go for it.

catfish 17
09-20-2010, 09:53 PM
Lately I've been seeing people catch carp in the main lake (Evans), in the water near the island. Tortillas, bread, whatever-the carp go for it.

cool, so cast by the island and let it go all the way on the bottom right?

fishmounter
09-20-2010, 10:56 PM
Yeah, let it go all the way to the bottom. It's going to take a long time 'cause it's so deep. (sarcasm. It's maybe 5-7 feet). Your best bet is to just use a dough ball on your hook and no sinker. Use 4 lb test. Put your rod in a holder and watch your line. Simple

catfish 17
09-21-2010, 11:29 PM
Yeah, let it go all the way to the bottom. It's going to take a long time 'cause it's so deep. (sarcasm. It's maybe 5-7 feet). Your best bet is to just use a dough ball on your hook and no sinker. Use 4 lb test. Put your rod in a holder and watch your line. Simple

cool, any recepis for good carp bait?

Sh1mano
09-23-2010, 07:51 AM
I just caught an episode of "Fishing Adventures w/ Ronnie Kovacks" this past weekend on Fox Sports Net. Apparently Ronnie grew up in Riverside and Fairmount Park was his stomping grounds for Carp. Don't know how long ago the show was taken, but he was nailing the carp on ultra-lite tackle and dough bait made out of corn starch and flour. The doughball he formed around his hook was as big as a ping pong ball!!!

4eye31
09-23-2010, 11:33 AM
Every time I go their I don't catch any carp but I catch blue gill, bass, crappies

carpanglerdude
09-23-2010, 06:06 PM
Any pics of the crappie? I've only caught one there, haven't heard of too many others catching 'em there.

Icarus
09-29-2010, 03:35 PM
I just caught an episode of "Fishing Adventures w/ Ronnie Kovacks" this past weekend on Fox Sports Net. Apparently Ronnie grew up in Riverside and Fairmount Park was his stomping grounds for Carp. Don't know how long ago the show was taken, but he was nailing the carp on ultra-lite tackle and dough bait made out of corn starch and flour. The doughball he formed around his hook was as big as a ping pong ball!!!
That's funny, I actually saw that episode too. That's what made me want to try fishing for Carp. He was using some 4lb line and the dough was made with corn meal, flour,water, and vanilla extract. I've been wanting to make some myself. I looked it up online and apparently you can use however much vanilla you like. As for the other stuff, it's just 1 cup each and then you knead it all together. I saw a sight that said to boil the water & vanilla together then add the flour and corn meal. I hope to try it out soon. But if you try it first, let me know how it went!

fishmounter
09-29-2010, 05:36 PM
Funny thing about that Ronnie Kovacks show is that I was in it. It briefly shows me casting and talking to Ronnie. That was way back in 2008. It has been aired 3 times. Because I'm a local fisherman that knows the lake well and fish there often for bass, Ronnie talked to me on camera for quite some time. Then I see the show and all of the talking has been edited out! Oh well....

catfish 17
10-07-2010, 01:34 AM
Funny thing about that Ronnie Kovacks show is that I was in it. It briefly shows me casting and talking to Ronnie. That was way back in 2008. It has been aired 3 times. Because I'm a local fisherman that knows the lake well and fish there often for bass, Ronnie talked to me on camera for quite some time. Then I see the show and all of the talking has been edited out! Oh well....

sucks man.