PDA

View Full Version : Perris Thursday 9/16 - Guided by Pete Marino

pigdestroyer
09-19-2010, 11:49 PM
I met Pete at the lake around 6. I guess there were problems with someone calling in sick, so the gate opened late. We were the third boat on the water. We ripped over to our first spot, which ended up being the only spot we needed to fish all day, and Pete marked a couple of spots with buoys.

The bite was slow until the sun came out, which always seems to be the case when I fish Perris. Once the sun came up, it was on. We fished from about 630-1130 and ended up with 35 fish total. I had 21 and Pete had 14 hahah... Just thought I would throw that in there. But seriously, this was the best day I have ever seen on Perris by far. I have fished the lake many times before going out with Pete and have never had a day even close to this. Pete knows this lake and knows these bass.

We caught fish on reaction baits and carolina rig between 30-50 feet.

If you want to have a great day on the lake, book this guy for a trip.

Here are some pics from the trip.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m190/rottingstiffs/IMG_3298.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m190/rottingstiffs/IMG_3297.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m190/rottingstiffs/IMG_3296.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m190/rottingstiffs/IMG_3295.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m190/rottingstiffs/IMG_3294.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m190/rottingstiffs/IMG_3299.jpg

AngryAgent
09-20-2010, 12:55 AM
You affiliated with there he is?

bassgrabber1
09-20-2010, 08:35 AM
Awesome day out there!!!

Pete Marino
09-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Thank you for the kind words Jeremy...

I told you Id get you on them and we'd ruin them out there!!!
Jeremy and I were neck and neck until he went on a very sweet run and caught six on 6 casts to my one to pull way ahead... A deficit that I couldnt make up...
NICELY DONE!!!!

Im glad you had a good time, caught tons of bass and learned alot at the same time... Thats what its all about bro!!

Oh you didnt mention when you hooked into that 20 lb carp and I had to chase it down with the troller...That thing was a BEAST!!

35 bass and we left at noonish... Thats WFO if you ask me..lol

The big bass of the day went to Jeremy... a SOLID 5 1/4 lb Perris Beauty!!!
Our best 5 bass weighed about 21-22 lbs.

If anybosy else wants to get out there and experience a great day of bass fishing like Jeremy did give me a call or PM and we'll book your trip
for a day on the lake learning and catching bass...

Thanks again Jeremy!!

Pete

PeteMarinoGuideService.com
Office (909) 510-5679
cell (909) 241-8283

pigdestroyer
09-20-2010, 10:55 AM
AngryAgent: Yes, I own ThereHeIs!

Pete: Haha... I totally forgot about the 20lb carp. I thought I had a monster bass on the hookset, but it turned out that I snagged a 20lb carp. It was a great fight pulling it out of that deep water on 10lb line.

Rooster
09-20-2010, 12:05 PM
Nicely done! Looks like a blast out there. Nice Job Pete

Pete Marino
09-20-2010, 07:49 PM
Thanks Rooster....

Yeah its a blast out there right now at least in my boat... I talked to some guys on the dock that struggled to get bites
and I think they thought we were lying when we told them we caught 35 bass...And had about 45 bites...
Ive been putting in my time and its paying off...I have my fish named...hahahahaha....

Thanks again

Pete

pigdestroyer
09-21-2010, 10:44 AM
Yeah, without Pete the 21 fish I caught would not have been possible, so all the credit goes to him. I have fished the area we hit
many times and there were boats around us that were not catching anything. If you want to catch a stupid amount of fish, hit Pete
up before the tournament season starts next month.

He has the tools and experience to get it done... and he is willing to share. His fee is definately worth the money and time on the
water it would take to learn what he shows you in a day.

Pete Marino
09-21-2010, 07:48 PM
Thanks Jeremy!!

Yeah the tournament season starts next month and I'll be doing every tournament...hahahaha

I cant wait!!

Pete

Klein tools
09-28-2010, 04:46 PM
Nice report. Thanks for the photos. Now I have a new spot. Keep the photos coming. Looks like Pete knows the lake well.

Pete Marino
09-28-2010, 09:52 PM
That particular spot isnt a secret...how to fish it correctly is though... That spot can be one of the best spots on the lake if fished correctly but one of
the worst, most frustrating spots on the lake if someone doesnt know how to fish it right i..e.. how to position the boat, what to look for, correct baits, and how to present the bait..
Any body can fish it, few can dominate it... lol

good luck

Pete

pigdestroyer
09-29-2010, 01:33 PM
That is very true. I have fished that spot 10 times prior to my trip with Pete. I would fish it for hours at a time, but never had anywhere near the success that I had with Pete. I would catch fish here and there, but we anhiliated them.

Klein tools
09-29-2010, 09:38 PM
Well your right it is in the presentation. I slayed them there today. Carolina rig brush hogs and grubs.
I also went to another spot from previous pictures. In front of the island and did OK not like this spot though.
You really are a great guide it looks like. Especially with all the tips you put out here and the pics. It has saved me alot of money on guide service. I may even enter a tournament now.
Your probably just baiting us to show up to tournies, and then your going to take our money.
Looked up some standings though and a team that goes by Pat and Rob look like they dominate that lake. Another team that stuck out was Kyle Grover. Pete your up there too , but didnt see any wins on that lake. I must be looking in the wrong organizations.
Anyhow keep up the excellent reports. I may be out there soon. Is there a rule on fishing water you found out from guide trip pictures? I hope not.

Pete Marino
09-30-2010, 04:45 PM
hahaha.. you can fish anything you want...But I dont recommend that you prefish by looking at photos on the internet if you like your money...because fishing other peoples patterns and spots will just make you lose your money... lol But definetly come on out when the season starts.... we can use some more teams for the tournaments.. More people = bigger payout
I have 18 team tournament wins and like 17 big bass of tournament awards to my credit and 1/2 of those are from fishing Perris.. Its my home lake, I love it...
Yep Pat is a witch out there and He and Rob Dominated the ABA events this year.... and Kyle is good everywhere... we all get our share of the pie throughout the year...I didnt win on Perris in 2010...I got like Three 2nd place finishes and Three 3rd place finishes.. But I did get a win on DVL this season. Thats what makes it fun!!! There is alot of good competition amounst all of us...

Good luck..

Pete