PDA

View Full Version : don't buy a fishing license for 2011

FLYFISHING MD
09-19-2010, 08:08 PM
do any of you guys feel like not buying a fishing license for 2011:???::???:i have a feeling that the DFG is going to pull a fast one on us for the 2011 year:Evil::Evil:I need feedback ...or you guys think DFG is going to do what they whant to do..I BEEN BUYING ONE SINCE I WAS 16 YEARS OLD......

SierraPeaks
09-19-2010, 08:35 PM
do any of you guys feel like not buying a fishing license for 2011:???::???:i have a feeling that the DFG is going to pull a fast one on us for the 2011 year:Evil::Evil:I need feedback ...or you guys think DFG is going to do what they whant to do..I BEEN BUYING ONE SINCE I WAS 16 YEARS OLD......

What are they planning on doing ?

Ifishtoolittle
09-19-2010, 08:53 PM
If I don't buy one then how the hell will I fish? Legally at least.

FLYFISHING MD
09-19-2010, 08:56 PM
cut back on stocking our local lakes... ''THAT SUCKS'' LESS FISH SAME LICENSE FEE

EL_CHIDO
09-19-2010, 09:09 PM
Rather pay $50 than a $1000 if I get pinched...

Besides you're buying a license to fish in CALIFORNIA not just your local lakes.

Be adventurous and try a different spot.

bassyakker
09-20-2010, 10:06 AM
there are other places to fish then stocked lakes.

AngryAgent
09-20-2010, 10:22 AM
Let's face it DFG has us by the balls. With the economy being what it is and the revenue not pouring in they are having to make some tough decisions too. We are all not going to agree with them at every instance but it is what it is. Don't buy one and lose all your gear and possibly go to jail..

Techtito
09-20-2010, 10:24 AM
I know what you're saying. I went to a fishing Derby Sept 6, at the East LA Civic Center Lake near the Sheriff's Department just to see what was going on, channel 7 was there. I didn't fish, just walked around looking and talking to people I was told they didn't stock the lake, but the Derby had Trophies either way! Out of the whole Derby only 4 catfish were supposedly caught, and all 4 cats were caught by a family of 4. They brought their own already caught cats to the Derby. The largest legit winner was a 3 inch Gill. I often go on Charter boats and surf fish. So I need a license, It don't feel good watching your back.

Nessie Hunter
09-20-2010, 10:39 AM

If your going to try and start a Protest boycott of the DFG and fishing Lic purchase.
Your going to need a lot more information then:

"I have a feeling they are going to TRY to screw us"....

exfactor
09-20-2010, 11:08 AM
You have to look at the big picture. No monies for the wind vector buoys on the ocean. NOAA giving 10 to 30 forcasts every day to cover their asses. CCCCCClosures for most of the ocean coming. Heard the lottery is adding 50 million monthly to the scratchers. Yeah right. California has an election coming up, and I don't see Meg posing in waders as her MO. Special interest groups control our elected officials. What they want is what they get. Vote for a represenative that is interested in helping us. Thats about all you can do.

AngryAgent
09-20-2010, 11:12 AM
You have to look at the big picture. No monies for the wind vector buoys on the ocean. NOAA giving 10 to 30 forcasts every day to cover their asses. CCCCCClosures for most of the ocean coming. Heard the lottery is adding 50 million monthly to the scratchers. Yeah right. California has an election coming up, and I don't see Meg posing in waders as her MO. Special interest groups control our elected officials. What they want is what they get. Vote for a represenative that is interested in helping us. Thats about all you can do.

Word..very true

TROUT MASTERS
09-20-2010, 11:27 AM
That means all lakes and rivers will not be stocked.
Specialy mammoth,june lake lupe,bishop will loose a lot of customers
i guess we need to opent up our own trout pond!

DarkShadow
09-20-2010, 12:07 PM
If your going to try and start a Protest...
Your going to need a lot more information then:

"I have a feeling they are going to TRY to screw us"....

Works for FOXNews.

Cangler
09-20-2010, 12:55 PM
The second golden age of the ninja dawns .....

sonarbp
09-20-2010, 01:14 PM
cut back on stocking our local lakes... ''THAT SUCKS'' LESS FISH SAME LICENSE FEE

The DFG doesn't have to plant fish with any of the money collected through the sale of licenses. When you buy a license it gives you the privilege to fish the many lakes and water ways the state has to offer....not the guarantee the DFG will plant fish. There are certain planting criteria the DFG follow and if it is not met then they will not stock that body of water.

If you really don't want to buy the license for the year that is fine.....just cough up the $$$ to fish the pay lakes that stock fish then......or take the money you saved from not buying the license and go to the market and buy your fish!

TroutOnly
09-20-2010, 01:38 PM
The problem is not the dfg its the dept of forestry trying to steal the funds they generate the the fishing and hunting licenses ,also the idiots on sacremento trying to steal there funds to pay for all there intitlement programs that have sucked up all the money. The dfg trys to raise and stock as many waters as possible ,but when you have a dept of forestry thats full of tree huggers who dont want you fishing anyway they are going to all they can to steal away the funds for the growing and stocking programs,,,,,,,,,,,,,ive worked for alot in both camps,,,,,,,,

fish ful
09-22-2010, 10:41 PM
ughhhhhhhh. the dfg is currently spending a lot of money defending against lawsuits. these lawsuits are making several claims. one of which is that trout are an invasive species. the lakes are first closed to stocking until the dfg does a specific survey. the enviros are now pushing more lawsuits challenging those surveys. rob at calfishing has done the research and presented it to this site where it went largely unnoticed. legislation by hippie mf are affecting the stocks, not dfg management.

amen!

But i'm getting a lic. it's not that much to pay to fish even once and be on the water for a day. the goverment officals all suck.

smokehound
09-23-2010, 10:20 AM
If you can prove you have native american heritage, you can possibly get a free license.

fishinone
09-23-2010, 10:31 AM
if you can prove you have native american heritage, you can possibly get a free license.

how! :LOL:

stepchild
09-23-2010, 10:55 AM
i need a license,and i dont do fresh water,pure salt and the bugs need me to have a lic to pick them out of my hoops..:Big Grin:

E.A.R.G.
09-23-2010, 11:36 AM
I know what you're saying. I went to a fishing Derby Sept 6, at the East LA Civic Center Lake near the Sheriff's Department just to see what was going on, channel 7 was there. I didn't fish, just walked around looking and talking to people I was told they didn't stock the lake, but the Derby had Trophies either way! Out of the whole Derby only 4 catfish were supposedly caught, and all 4 cats were caught by a family of 4. They brought their own already caught cats to the Derby. The largest legit winner was a 3 inch Gill. I often go on Charter boats and surf fish. So I need a license, It don't feel good watching your back.

oh thats just terrible....

E.A.R.G.
09-23-2010, 11:39 AM
ughhhhhhhh. the dfg is currently spending a lot of money defending against lawsuits. these lawsuits are making several claims. one of which is that trout are an invasive species. the lakes are first closed to stocking until the dfg does a specific survey. the enviros are now pushing more lawsuits challenging those surveys. rob at calfishing has done the research and presented it to this site where it went largely unnoticed. legislation by hippie mf are affecting the stocks, not dfg management.

DUDE.
look at the DFG website. They are not stocking because of budget issues.
dfg.ca.gov

"Currently, all DFG sponsored catfish stockings in the South Coast Region (Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange, and San Diego Counties) have been temporarily suspended due to the State's current budget impasse. Stocking will resume shortly after a new budget is signed by the Governor."

"uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" .....

E.A.R.G.
09-23-2010, 11:41 AM
The DFG doesn't have to plant fish with any of the money collected through the sale of licenses. When you buy a license it gives you the privilege to fish the many lakes and water ways the state has to offer....not the guarantee the DFG will plant fish. There are certain planting criteria the DFG follow and if it is not met then they will not stock that body of water.

If you really don't want to buy the license for the year that is fine.....just cough up the $$$ to fish the pay lakes that stock fish then......or take the money you saved from not buying the license and go to the market and buy your fish!

A certain percent of license fees goes to hatchery programs. So YES, they ARE required to stock fish with the money they bring in from license fees.
The CA government got in BIG trouble a few years back because they were taking money from license fees and using it for other reasons

"License fees help pay for fishery and hatchery management,..."

http://www.takemefishing.org/state/page/get-a-license/state/CA

troutdog
09-23-2010, 12:04 PM
The $50-$60 isn't worth the $800+ ticket, gotta bite the bullet living in Cali sometimes I guess

TD

FLYFISHING MD
09-23-2010, 05:40 PM
:Thumbs Up:
A certain percent of license fees goes to hatchery programs. So YES, they ARE required to stock fish with the money they bring in from license fees.
The CA government got in BIG trouble a few years back because they were taking money from license fees and using it for other reasons

"License fees help pay for fishery and hatchery management,..."

http://www.takemefishing.org/state/page/get-a-license/state/CA

thank you..Look, i'll probably end up getting a license; can we all as a group buy our license in february so the purchase percentage is low for january? I'm just thinking there has to be something we can do and that's why i'm asking for feedback. And to all the guys with stupid remarks, I didn't see you at the last MLPA meeting! I'm not doing this 'cause i only fish the local lakes, i'm doing this because i feel it is my duty as an angler.:Thumbs Up:[

DEADROOTS
09-23-2010, 08:34 PM
You have to pay to play!!!
Bottom line.
It's California that we live in!!
If you don't like it.... MOVE!
No one is stopping anyone...
That license money goes a long way for the state.
Tree huger"s are what they are, but we have plenty of resources else where other than your traditional squatting hole.
I think it would be safe to assume that most of the fish stocking lakes around so. cal. are fished and frequented by local poachers. LA county lakes are raped continuously by idiots which litter, vandalize , and steal (poach).

I said it before and Ill say it again... The state gives out licenses to any moron that requests one. If the state started to require classes or other prerequisites prior to issuing licenses we would most definately have Cleaner & much more productive waters!!!

Most licenses are unobtainable in California without some sort of class.
This hunting.. Why don't we need a license to kill in this situation??
You need a license to hunt anything EXCEPT FISH>
No ID is needed. Any numb nut can get one.

Stricter regulations = Better fishing environments!

SierraPeaks
09-25-2010, 11:05 AM
It cost me 64 bucks for 7 days to fish in California now that I live out of state, and I pay it 7 to 10 times a year.
If you compare the price of a license for the year to other things...like a day at a Dodger or Angel baseball game, where you'll easily spend 100 bucks (just to watch them lose) a fishing license is still a great value.

E.A.R.G.
09-25-2010, 11:33 AM
just fish the ocean. its going to get the same stockings as it did last year.
=)

smokehound
09-26-2010, 07:51 AM
earg. are u attempting to make a counter argument by supporting my post? Facepalm. this site is dead. meh to posting. meh to reports. glad to see ur 100% in the click of ghetto fisherman.well you could fix that AND POST A REPORT. with pics. :LOL:

GeordyBass
09-26-2010, 07:21 PM
If you can prove you have native american heritage, you can possibly get a free license.
I'll tell rez to adopt me... idk if thats good enough though lol

GeordyBass
09-26-2010, 07:24 PM
Up until last june i didnt even need a license! Dayummm lol

MichelleBedore
10-02-2010, 12:19 AM

how! :LOL:

Bwahahahhahahah!!! :) thanks fer making me laugh.

jerryG
10-02-2010, 04:27 AM
Well you could change your name to Little Big Fish and tell the DFG you are from the Tribe Iawantafisha.

As mentioned stocks for many lakes and rivers are being held up by court ordered surveys and budget should not be an excuse because the budget crisis should not affect the money which has been ear marked for the stocking program however even the waters which can and should be stocked are not being planted regularly and some are not being stocked at all.

The lack of stocking is only a small part of the problem at hand. On the saltwater front the MLPA which for those who are unfamilair with situation is well a planned privately funded intitaitive (corrupt process) aimed at banning fishing (privitizing) large areas of the the coast of California consisting many if not most of the prime areas to fish through out every region. There is a strong antifishing movement taking place. These are some dark times for Anglers. We are loosing our stocking programs, our waters, and our rights to fish. If you don't buy a license you add more fuel to the antifishing fire this is what they want you to do. The Environmental extremists want you to just give up on fishing and take up golf..

I'm very frustrated over the whole situation as well but my plan is to show strong support for this great sport by making a strong presence on the water and also making the effort to introduce fishing others. Buy a license and consider taking some of your non angler friends fishing. If you introduce fishing to just a couple people each year think how much support we will have moving forward. The way things are going we are really going to need all the support we can get in the years to come.

JerryG

MichelleBedore
10-02-2010, 07:53 PM
Jerry, We did our part tonight--Nick and I went to wal-mart and each bought an annual fishing lic. It is only good til Dec 31...but oh well...if we go fishing 4 times it will have paid for itself. (And I managed to get a trolling battery too) Have to wait til next weekend to fish though...this is driving me crazy, all this waiting to go again. I told my hubby I made a fishing buddy today, and if he didn't get on the ball I'd take up the hobby with some other people as keen to fish as I am.
*rubs hands together*

rickk71
11-02-2010, 07:41 AM
Just get the lic and get it over with. If he want's to get a ticket then that his prob.