PDA

View Full Version : Corona's carp

catfish 17
09-19-2010, 03:22 PM
Any one know a good spot to catch these carp at corona lake?I am thinking of going and throw a pole for cats and the other pole for carp. I know there is a lot because every week carp come out of there. And what i call BIG carps!!!!

Any help will work, thanks.

jonnyfishon
09-26-2010, 05:05 PM
there is a lot of big carp 10-30lbers in corona lake , I fish for them late in the day or at night with dough bait or wonder bread, anywhere on the south shore can be good, use at least 6lb. line and dont cast too far out! good luck

smokehound
09-26-2010, 08:25 PM
I wouldnt waste my time there for carp. Sure, they get big there..

But you can find 20-30 lb carp in just about any city park lake.

Heck, you can even find them in storm drains from time to time.

catfish 17
09-26-2010, 09:58 PM
there is a lot of big carp 10-30lbers in corona lake , I fish for them late in the day or at night with dough bait or wonder bread, anywhere on the south shore can be good, use at least 6lb. line and dont cast too far out! good luck

do you catch them all the time?do you know if the strawberry home made bait will work?i made some at home, but haven't even tried it.

catfish 17
09-26-2010, 10:00 PM
I wouldnt waste my time there for carp. Sure, they get big there..

But you can find 20-30 lb carp in just about any city park lake.

Heck, you can even find them in storm drains from time to time.

True, but i don't think you can just catch them anywhere like that. I went to fairmount lake two days ago and i thought it was a better chance because of the full moon, casted towards the island and was there for about 3-4 hours and not even a single bite... SUCKS!!!

sodapop
09-26-2010, 10:19 PM
If you want carp go to Lake Elsinore its free, but they will be less than 8 lbs.

JAG107
09-27-2010, 05:15 PM
yeah all the free carp at Elsinore you want...just walk along the shore and pick them up!

jonnyfishon
09-27-2010, 07:16 PM
yes you can catch them pretty much anywhere like that! i I only target them at corona when other species are slow, they seem to be more active in spring, summer, and fall, or warm winter days, I never tried that strawberry **** tho

catfish 17
09-27-2010, 08:31 PM
If you want carp go to Lake Elsinore its free, but they will be less than 8 lbs.

yeah i been wanting to go there but idk if i have the right equipment already and i don't want to just go and waste my time there. I want to know if the line matters for carp or how to make that bait that they sell right in front of the lake in that little liquor. I bought that bait before, it comes in a little yellow bag but it kept on falling. Maybe i added too many water or something.

catfish 17
09-27-2010, 08:32 PM
yeah all the free carp at Elsinore you want...just walk along the shore and pick them up!

LOL really?

catfish 17
09-27-2010, 08:33 PM
yes you can catch them pretty much anywhere like that! i I only target them at corona when other species are slow, they seem to be more active in spring, summer, and fall, or warm winter days, I never tried that strawberry **** tho

supposibly it's one of the best doughbaits to make but idk, haven't tried it.

VietReefer
09-28-2010, 02:49 AM
Just use corn in the can from supermarket. Corn in syrup is a better taste for them but they're harder to stay on hook. Hook 5-6 kernel on a hook and grab a handful of corn and throw them in the water around where your bait is. Let them eat those corn and established a good sense that those corn are "safe" to eat and they'll readily take your bait. You don't need to cast too far from shore. Don't move too much though, they can be frighten quite easy. I use corn and this method and always catch a load of them until I get tired and quite carp fishing. They just don't give me that fight other fishes do. :) Good luck

smokehound
09-28-2010, 11:29 AM
Try using legumes. Peas, Lima beans, Fava beans (also called broadbeans)..

This might sound funny, but try using some dark chocolate.

Icarus
09-28-2010, 03:34 PM
When you're using that corn method, do you use a bobber with the corn or do you just take it close to the bottom with a weight? I've been wanting to fish for some carp lately.

catfish 17
09-28-2010, 11:28 PM
When you're using that corn method, do you use a bobber with the corn or do you just take it close to the bottom with a weight? I've been wanting to fish for some carp lately.

i believe it's with a weight. I know man, i am the same, i been wanting to go carp fishing too. I am going to go to lake elsinore one of these days of the week for sure. Let me know if you want to go, or anyone in here.

jonnyfishon
09-29-2010, 08:22 AM
carp can be line shy, I use 4-6 lb line, 6lb being the max, shoot me a pm, elsinore is good for carp and cat this time of year

catfish 17
09-29-2010, 02:26 PM
carp can be line shy, I use 4-6 lb line, 6lb being the max, shoot me a pm, elsinore is good for carp and cat this time of year

dam i guess i might need to change my line on my two poles. Pm sent.

sodapop
10-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Went to Elsinore this morning caught 15 carp in a little over 2 hours, lost four others. The liquor store has new dough bait in white bag cost a little more but you get twice as much. It stays on your hook a lot better

catfish 17
10-02-2010, 04:02 AM
Went to Elsinore this morning caught 15 carp in a little over 2 hours, lost four others. The liquor store has new dough bait in white bag cost a little more but you get twice as much. It stays on your hook a lot better

yeah that's what i hear... how do you make it?and how much is it? does it matter what kind of pund test line you use for carp?

sodapop
10-02-2010, 09:16 AM
It is 6.99 a bag, but you get three times as much, also it is more dense so you use less. When you mix it up its like making cookie dough, I just put the powder in a bowl and add a little bit of water at a time. You add water till the powder quits sticking to the bowl but together like cookie dough.

I used 6lb and 8lb test line

catfish 17
10-02-2010, 12:11 PM
It is 6.99 a bag, but you get three times as much, also it is more dense so you use less. When you mix it up its like making cookie dough, I just put the powder in a bowl and add a little bit of water at a time. You add water till the powder quits sticking to the bowl but together like cookie dough.

I used 6lb and 8lb test line

cool, thanks. I think i'm going to go tomorrow. Does it matter the time you go?i will be using around 8-10 pund test line.

sodapop
10-02-2010, 01:49 PM
No time does not matter

exfactor
10-02-2010, 01:58 PM
sodapop, how about a tutorial about your carp rigging, and techniques? Do you use the hairline rig? I for one would be interested in hearing how you fish them.

catfish 17
10-03-2010, 07:11 PM
No time does not matter

alright thanks for telling me. I thought they would bite best in the morning, but in that case i'll just go whenever.

carpanglerdude
10-03-2010, 09:50 PM
Good luck man, let us know how you do

catfish 17
10-04-2010, 04:44 PM
Good luck man, let us know how you do

yeah man i will. I went to fairmount like a week ago. Fished in front of the island and nothing!!! i used the straberry carp homemade bait.