PDA

View Full Version : Riding ATV's, hiking, and fishing in Mammoth...

ryanerb
07-24-2007, 08:28 PM
Ok guys. This isn't a full on fishing report, but rather a long section of pictures with captions of my recent trip to Mammoth. If you want to see pictures from great ATV rides, a great hike up to Duck lake, and a little bit of fishing, then check it out. Otherwise, don't bother. There are 110 pictures in total, but I think it might be worth it! Be sure to let me know what you think! Here is a link to the first picture, use the arrow button at the top to advance to the next picture until the end. Enjoy!

http://picasaweb.google.com/RyanErbstoe ... 1353049762 (http://picasaweb.google.com/RyanErbstoesser/Mammoth720207/photo#5090554111353049762)

reelhigh
07-24-2007, 08:40 PM
Looks like an awesome trip, cool pics.

Screw work lets fish
07-24-2007, 10:12 PM
Awesome Pictures man, would love to take the ATVS fishing

troutdog
07-24-2007, 11:16 PM
Hey Ryanerb,
I've been waiting for this report and I was definitely not dissapointed....that photo album you put together is awesome!(I like the fact you could press the rt arrow buttom on your keyboard and advance the pics too). Great narrative as well, what an incredible way to enjoy the Sierras....you are a lucky guy! I'm just sorry the bubblegum worms did'nt work for ya :wink:

TD

Jamie
07-25-2007, 05:30 PM
Great pics!!! Now thats a report.

ryanerb
07-25-2007, 07:58 PM
Thanks guys! It was a great trip! Troutdog, ya, thanks for all the help and info! I wished I could have fished more, but with the ATV's and hiking, its hard to do it all!

streamside
07-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Great pics. The trail to Duck is one of my favorites, despite its popularity.

Years ago when I lived in Mammoth, I ran that trail back to Purple lakes. Just after Duck, the trail overlooks an incredible valley below. I have been dying to get back there and do some backpacking.

Laurel lakes looks awesome. Looks like the perfect atv trip.

By the way, what were you using to fish the high country lakes? The fish can be really fickle in those lakes.

Chris

Mater
07-26-2007, 12:45 AM
Riding ATV'S and fishing in Mammoth, now that is a good vacation. Thanks for sharing!

BishopTrouter
07-26-2007, 09:41 PM
DANG ryan those are some tight pics, thank god im heading up there this weekend... but one question did u rent those ATVs? if so where at? b/c ive always wanted to fish laurel and my parents dont hav a 4x4

Granny Fish
07-26-2007, 09:43 PM
Now... that is my kind of fishing! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

ryanerb
07-27-2007, 01:17 AM
about the atv's, we owned them. i heard you can rent them through a place called sierra engine or something. i think they have a website. that is probably going to be your best luck. it was a great trip... to let you know, i've never done great at Laurel lakes. maybe i'm doing something wrong. but even if you dont catch any, it's still a beautiful lake, and a fun adventure getting there!

LuckyJack
07-27-2007, 10:23 AM
Great pics. I made the day hike to Duck lake a few years ago. It is an awesome lake. I caught a bunch of small trout there on jigs. Glad you had a good time. thanks for sharing the photos. Sure bought back some fond memories

Jack

ryanerb
07-28-2007, 02:00 AM
luckyjack,

good to know you caught some fish in duck! it's so big that it intimidated me. we did cast out a little bit, but didn't do any good. i like a little bit more manageable size lake, but i'll try there next time some more.

Sparky70
07-28-2007, 05:20 PM
AWSOME PICTURES, what a way to spend a vacation.