PDA

View Full Version : Cat, Cat, Cat, Carp!

TaperSteve
09-18-2010, 10:39 AM
My Sis and I hit up the 24hr fishing. Normally id have probably gone fishing somewhere else, but we didnt arrive till after 7pm so the other place just wasnt an option with their closing time being so early (12am).

Started at the back of the lake. Started getting hits right away but we were only able to get one to stick. Next we moved over off of JD's Point. Again we started getting bites and were able to scratch 2 more.

at about 10:45pm we headed in to the tackle shop 2 pick up a few things. I beached my boat next to the boat dock. Before heading up the hill I decided to throw 1 of my rigs out. So we handled our business at the tackle shop. On the way back down the hill I passed a couple of guys who were on their way up the hill and had just turned in a rental. When I got to my boat I noticed my line was pulled tight in the opposite direction right at the boat dock. I figured the guys that had just turned in the rental had ran over my line. I started trying to reel it in when I felt a huge tug at the other end of the line. I fought the thing for a couple mins. My Sis isnt the best net gal yet so it took a few failed attempts before finally getting the beast netted.

I knew I had a DD fish. I cut the line long and took the fish up the hill still in the net to weigh-in. When I got to the top of the hill there was a crowd of peeps that were on their way out. I put the fish on the ground next to the scale and took it out of the net. Only then did I realize, it's a carp! Weighed in at 13.10 lbs. Here is a pic.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/TaperSteve/DSCF0002.jpg

After weighing the fish in we headed back out by the group of boats anchored off shore by the boat dock. Didnt get any bites so we pulled anchor and moved over by the launch ramp. Picked up our 4th cat of the night. Around 2am we decided to call it a night.

TaperSteve

JAG107
09-18-2010, 11:45 PM
Thanks for the report, nice going on the carp! Such a cool way to catch one, too. Now that I think about it, every time I have beached my boat at corona for a bathroom break, I throw out a line, and every time, I have had a dancing pole (always trout). Cool!

MichelleBedore
10-10-2010, 01:26 AM
I always wondered about what people do when they go to weigh their fish and get a photo...do ppl just take 'em there in nets? In ice chests full of lake water? How long does that take, really?
Don't they die or get very weakened from lack of water? (With the exception of catfish, of course, who--as I learned last night can live 5+ hours out of water with stab wounds to the head even!)

Hitts0n
10-13-2010, 12:38 AM
Ouch...poor kitty ^^^

Well my friend.congrats on your catch ! I lost my dd carp last spawn at the other lake.....lol

Bigfish12
10-13-2010, 03:59 AM
nice carp!!

Seņor.Chilax
10-13-2010, 02:24 PM
That's a nice carp man!

Thisfool
10-15-2010, 05:10 PM
hhm i just barely found this post i guess my "whats new" button isnt working to good and i need to start looking manual for post

congrats on the big *** carp and the 4 cats