PDA

View Full Version : AV Duct Update

yolo
09-17-2010, 09:22 PM
Hit the duct this evening for about 30 minutes at just one spot. The moss is still very bad and the water was low. Down to what I call the first seam and dropping. It is where the first concrete section butts to the next. Moss seems to be a tad bit less than last outing which is a good sign but it could have also been that the lure was in the water less because of the lower level? Anyway. No biters at all.

I managed to embed a treble hook into my striper elbow forearm, underside. I was reeling and and wanted to give a good tug near the edge to get most of the moss off and my lure was buoyant from the moss and came flying out at me. Went in pretty deep. I grabbed the hook and just pulled it out. It put a nice tear in my skin going in so I was able to back it right out without having the barb stick. Kept casting and working it and it just started to sting a bit. I guess you can say I finally got a shot for my striper elbow, lol. A cortisone shot would be better imo.

Didn't work it hard or even several spots but it was good to get out. The wind was raging too plus I have to get up early tomorrow because my son's soccer game is at 8am and he has to be there by 7:15am. Just wanted to update the conditions and to post my skunk. You can't always get 'em. Water is still flowing wide open.

5BassReaper7
09-17-2010, 10:35 PM
Thanks bro ill wait for another 2 or 3 weeks before I head out that way

yolo
09-17-2010, 10:41 PM
Yeah I give it a good three to four weeks and it should be cleared up or at least much more fishable.