PDA

View Full Version : Loving my Abu Garcia Revo SX

FrazeIb1
09-17-2010, 02:12 PM
Went fishing at DVL again this morning. Got in line at 0610 AM and I was about the 40th vehicle in line. I've been catching the stripers and LMB. I've targeted the stripers lately and man they put up a fight that is out of this world. Todays catch: (4) Stripers and (2) LMB in 4 hours. My bait of choice......:Secret:.........but it is 3/4 oz and it casts a mile.....During the past week I have caught some double digit stripers and alot of clone 3-5 pounders. The bigger fish that I've caught are a little deeper than the smaller fish. My Abu Garcia Revo SX have been doing numbers on these hard fighting fish. All I have to do is set the hook and the reel does all the work. If you are looking for a great dependable reel at a medium price range check out the Revo SX. I like mine so much that I'm going to buy me another one.

Until next time........Tight lines................:Envious:

caddyjack
09-17-2010, 04:37 PM
nice job! it has been very fun out there in the past 2 weeks!

fishslayer22
09-19-2010, 09:29 AM
very nice half day of fishing,as for your REVO'S,thats all i have on my four sticks.my sx fishes as well as my Premiers do.super reels.Ilove the inshore too especially out on the ocean. welcome to the REVOLUTION

CPT. Kirk
09-19-2010, 09:37 AM
great job on the stripers thanks for the photos with the exception of that Cowboy shirt.

Marine_Michael
09-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Congrats on the nice catches. I have the STX myself and I'll be buying more. What line (lb test) have you been using for the larger models?

FrazeIb1
09-19-2010, 04:03 PM
12 lb. Flro. cast like a dream..........

Nessie Hunter
09-19-2010, 05:02 PM
Revo !!!!!!! I only have 2 of them.... Want more!!! Like a 50 & 60....

Keep an eye out at Americanlegacyfishing.com...

They had the Inshore for $129. The SX for $99..
Some great deals there, if you pounce at the right times....

FrazeIb1
09-19-2010, 06:35 PM
The Abu Garcia Revo SX with 11 Ball Bearings is silky smooth. Next DD I will take a photo of it along with the fish.......

Mike Sr
09-20-2010, 11:04 PM
You can get a great deal on Revos through the WalMart.com web site. The least expensive model is about $89 and they will ship it to your local Walmart for you to pick up in a couple days.

Nessie Hunter
09-21-2010, 07:02 AM
Every one should be aware that the Revo models do have a defective part.
Its the Kick Lever that kicks the lower cog/gear back into gear after casting.
Its made of a pot metal and the end chips off after awhile. Then it wont go back into gear.
We have had some issues with AbuGarcia admitting that there is a problem, But they have made a modified part with a SS plate added in front.
That alone kind of admits to a problem..
We have been going round & round with them for a couple of months now.
They may be sending the new part out if ordered ($2.50)...
But it is an internal part and the reel must be taken apart to install it..

Not positive it is the Modified part. But will find out today or tomorrow???

http://www.bloodydecks.com/forums/fishing-reels/274247-any-update-abu-garcia-revo-kick-lever.html

So if you do have one, just know that sooner or later it wont go back into gear as that Kick Lever chips off..
Then it Tear down time!!!

FrazeIb1
09-21-2010, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the info. I have the Abu Garcia Revo SX and it cost 179.00 and so far its been a perfect reel. If I have any problems with it I will take what you said into consideration.........but right now it's the best reel that I own............

Tight Lines......