PDA

View Full Version : Good places to fish on the santa ana river-South Fork and also by 7 Oaks

Koshaw
09-17-2010, 10:22 AM
Just wondering if anyone can pm me or post here as to where a decent place to fish the Santa Ana river as they are stocking...near 7 oaks and also on the south fork. Never fished it before.

Chuck

MexicanPistachio
09-17-2010, 01:19 PM
go down glass road and turn right onto the dirt road. dfg stocks near the bridges and anywhere where the road and river are close together. make sure you wear jeans and hiking shoes/boots. poison ivy is terrible this year.

Cameron
09-17-2010, 03:34 PM
Wow im there every weekend in shorts & sandals,I never knew I was so hardcore,lol.There are plenty of good spots from glass rd up & in seven oaks if u hike down towards Filaree Flats..Just dont do like that guy did last week & sneak up on me & cast into my pool with out so much as hello.I had just worked a fish down to end of pool when dude went 15 feet from & started casting in.That is just rude to me if someone is in pool.Hell it happened 2 or 3 times that day.
I will be there in the morning some where above glass rd,oh yea stay away if u dont like biting bugs,lol.I'll be in shorts,sandals,& a flannel,lol.:Wink:

flocktothewall
09-17-2010, 04:13 PM
Glass road past 7 oaks camp where the road turns to dirt and begins to head back up to 38 there is a white bridge there, lots of parking. The north part of the river is posted no trespassing, but right there at the bridge there are 3 nice pools that usually hold 5-10 trout in them. If you get there early you can usually be alone there. I've had most of my luck there. And the best sized ones there too, further south there are some good spots and then the river gets swallowed up by Poison Ivy.

Just keep in mind the river is pretty shallow, and some spots the fish will definitely see you coming if you're not sneaky.

Hometown
09-17-2010, 04:42 PM
They stocked there today and there was at least 50 trout under the bridge
glass road past 7 oaks camp where the road turns to dirt and begins to head back up to 38 there is a white bridge there, lots of parking. The north part of the river is posted no trespassing, but right there at the bridge there are 3 nice pools that usually hold 5-10 trout in them. If you get there early you can usually be alone there. I've had most of my luck there. And the best sized ones there too, further south there are some good spots and then the river gets swallowed up by poison ivy.

Just keep in mind the river is pretty shallow, and some spots the fish will definitely see you coming if you're not sneaky.

Koshaw
09-18-2010, 09:23 AM
Thanks guys :D do you need a park pass to fish there?

Hometown
09-18-2010, 11:18 AM
yes you need a parking pass.good luck