PDA

View Full Version : westramp going off, need a net boy

SDDave
09-17-2010, 12:26 AM
Baits the ticket, need a net boy for the shad dip net, Get bait get bit... Apply above
For all you guys that have asked in the past for it, nows the time...

Koontaj
09-17-2010, 10:03 AM
40 + year old boy. Im interested, but only available in the weekends. Also, I have never netted for bait. Will I be able to fish, as well? LOL

SDDave
09-17-2010, 12:00 PM
till your arms fall off, well netting the shad is were I need the other pair of arms, and if we get shad we get fish, weekends are fine, not as much lake lice after summer.

huukup12
09-17-2010, 12:09 PM
Dave,
If you need a 3 pair of arms in weekend and weekdays (striper fever day) & deckhand for cleanup...I'm in...
thx, jimmy

kill_obet
09-17-2010, 01:22 PM
lmao!! hahaha thats a great offer hahaha!cmon dave u can doit..btw lots of shad at the westraamp left side ist cove..fish there couple of days ago lost of striper and lmb!good luck dave well fish someday..

BassWhisperer
09-17-2010, 02:44 PM
WAS going off!!! I was there this morning. Found only small shads. Other parts of the lake was more productive.

SDDave
09-17-2010, 03:30 PM
lmao!! hahaha thats a great offer hahaha!cmon dave u can doit..btw lots of shad at the westraamp left side ist cove..fish there couple of days ago lost of striper and lmb!good luck dave well fish someday..
Yeah offer still stands, My arm is getting real bad, Fishing elbow, trying to drum up a little business, it makes it alot easyer having a second net, I have a good list going for net jockys, I have a few old clients that i'd like to get out there to make up for those earler trips when fishing was slow, I fished a cove in the fish arm and bass where busting everywhere, topwater, kastmasters, the potbellied shad even got one.
Ran into Khanh and Ron this morning, just a quick Howdy and off to the fish.

huukup12
09-17-2010, 06:43 PM
Nice to see the stripers are still boiling. Hopefully Mr. Khanh & Mr. Ron slayed them good...j

Ray Lopez
09-18-2010, 03:01 PM
im about to head out to find the shad for the late evening bite. Got my shad net replaced too. Hope to find the fatty shad today. Most have been too small.

SDDave
09-18-2010, 09:47 PM
I figured you'd be on that bite allready, the guys at the dock were flatout roping em, using shad, netting, jigging with the lucky joes, "Sabiki rigs" and tossing suface baits. I was tossing a one knocker Zara spook, the bait i was on got chased out by another boat who slid right in on me and sent the bait away, I didn't even bother to say anything, I had only made 5 pieces, nice ones too, by the time I ran over to the west ramp I only had one left and it got short bit before I had a chance to swing on the fish, couldn't get any hand outs, so I left to try and make more, the bait is very small but when the bigger ones run thru it's just impossable to run them down with one net.Went back and got the surface action going.

Hey do you have any idea who's making the huge net?
I know Ron who made mine, Steve still has them, Ron moved, but would like to look into one of those large units, for the slow attack, my arm just can't take the work out anymore!
*legalize the throw net*
Saw the Show on Verus where Mark M was at Casitas and made a dip at the boey line and got about 500 on one dip...wow
I had one time at Castaic where I made about 75 pieces and I thought I hit jackpot... See you out there...

Just read this stuff from some achieved posts and I'm thinking of giving it a try, I would just have to make it clear on the buoy what the trap is for and please don't damage them or try to take them to the life guards, as long as it's not a hazard to navigation, the regs say they don't have to be attended and heck they might get a couple dozen... http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/7523/1000634.jpg

Fishthewhaler
09-20-2010, 09:34 AM
you can get the collapsing dip nets that opens up like umbrella, works great @ docks. Just can't be over 36" across. And fot the guys using sabiki's, 3 hook max or your poaching. just a little info those who don't know the regs..

SDDave
09-20-2010, 12:36 PM
Maybe you can post a link about the nets your talking about, the regs have been well covered about catching shad, 3 hooks, the size of the hoop,
I think the large nets I've seen are made by the user I'll have to just approach one of the guys next time.
Biggest issue now for netting is the bait isn't concentrated in big enough schools yet, and most are to small and go thru the webbing.

fishinone
09-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Hi Dave,

It was nice to finally meet you out there.

I'm not sure that the bait net size is 36". A couple years a go it was like the traps 36" max dimension. At least in the summaries.

The new summary says.

1.42. Dip Net.
Webbing supported by a frame, and hand held, not more than six feet in greatest dimension, excluding handle.

This works for me. Where do I buy a bigger hoop?

Fishthewhaler
09-21-2010, 09:21 AM
http://www.charkbait.com/cs/images/boating/ProMar/NE-200.jpg

Elkubano13
09-21-2010, 02:33 PM
hey dave, nice to see the fish are back up and goin nuts. havent been on the forums in awhile because of school and paintball and i never really got to thank you for those great 2 days of fishing a couple weeks ago me and cash learned a bunch. thanks man, hope all is well.

lurk 182
09-22-2010, 09:57 AM
Maybe you can post a link about the nets your talking about, the regs have been well covered about catching shad, 3 hooks, the size of the hoop,
I think the large nets I've seen are made by the user I'll have to just approach one of the guys next time.
Biggest issue now for netting is the bait isn't concentrated in big enough schools yet, and most are to small and go thru the webbing.

most guys i've seen (including me) are using one of these. well made, worth the $ in my book.

http://www.americanrodcompany.com/

klymons
09-22-2010, 11:39 AM
Count me in! I'm available seven days a week! Also, I live really close to Castaic in Granada Hills--I can be there within 30 minutes. Let's do this!

fishinone
09-22-2010, 01:52 PM
I have an American Rod Co. Shad net.

If I were going to buy a new shad net I'd look at the ProMar.

I saw some bad reviews on Google for midwesthuntersoutlet.com so I did away with the link.