PDA

View Full Version : Alot of life showing off Redondo.

DockRat
09-16-2010, 06:52 AM
Tuesday 9-14-10 Saw about a 1/4 mile long area of bait jumping out of the water,
Ave I outside the surf, from a distance it looked like a wierd patch of wind.
A few Dolphins were feeding but this was the biggest area of bait I've ever seen. Been ALOT of Whales a couple miles offshore Hermosa for the last week chowing down on Krill.

One lady said she counted 20 + different spouts coming from the big area of Whales.

Saw the same thing the day before with the inshore bait jumping. Was down by King Harbor and saw the wierd breaking water 1 1/2 miles away towards PV.

Why such a huge area of breaking bait ?
What are they ? Mackeral, Sardines, Anchovy's ?
Are they feeding on Krill like the Whales offshore ?
Is something chasing them ?
Why is NOBODY fishing the area ?
DR

bman90278
09-16-2010, 07:52 AM
Tuesday 9-14-10 Saw about a 1/4 mile long area of bait jumping out of the water,
Ave I outside the surf, from a distance it looked like a wierd patch of wind.
A few Dolphins were feeding but this was the biggest area of bait I've ever seen. Been ALOT of Whales a couple miles offshore Hermosa for the last week chowing down on Krill.

One lady said she counted 20 + different spouts coming from the big area of Whales.

Saw the same thing the day before with the inshore bait jumping. Was down by King Harbor and saw the wierd breaking water 1 1/2 miles away towards PV.

DR

Thanks for the heads up..I will have to check it out this morning after I drop my son off at school, but it depends on if I have to take my wife to urgent care first...Hopefully she's feeling better this morning.

I took my son over to the Topaz jetty yesterday after I picked him up from kindergarten and didn't see any whales, but I talked to a gal who was out there on her kayak and she said it was incredible out there earlier. She also said the blue whale spout holes were bigger than my son.

-b
Those blues right now along our coast are awesome!!!!!! Couldn't believe how close they were when I saw some over at Point Vicente last week.

Ifishtoolittle
09-16-2010, 08:30 AM
Probably Bonita in the masses busting on small macs, dines, chovies, the works. Oh no here come the meat guys.

murrieta angler
09-16-2010, 06:27 PM
Hey DR,
I went out yesterday from S.D. and saw a huge school of baitfish. Right behind them and on top of them were tons of Bonita. It was really cool watching them jump out of the water twisting and flipping.
Also saw tons of dolphins and porpoises.

Jackpot Jimmy
09-16-2010, 07:12 PM
DR

Eric on the Special said a few days ago the rockfishing was the best he's seen in 7 years. I'm hoping to get into some of that action this weekend...come on out and fish with us DR!