PDA

View Full Version : info on california aqueduct around victorvlle

TTT
09-15-2010, 02:46 PM
I have always wanted to fish the aqueduct around victorville but don't know where. would like to fish for stripers or cats. anyone got any advice??

yolo
09-15-2010, 03:36 PM
If you look on google maps you will see many the roads that cross the duct. Most have walk in fishing signs and entrance through the fence. I have not fished that stretch so I can't give you exact street names but maybe seal or M@M will chime in and give some known access spots?

M@M
09-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Many roads cross over Duct..Victorville you have Amargosa rd. (I-15frwy) Hwy 395, Baldy mesa rd. ........Phelan there's Sheepcreek rd, Johnson rd, Ducan rd.
Hesperia you have Main St., Maple, Cottonwood,Ranchero,Farmington Rd all these areas you can park and walk in. Good luck and report what you catch. I'm sure I left out a few but this should get you started.:Fishing Hole:

bigblant
09-17-2010, 02:28 AM
I pass the duct on the 395 several times a day but heard you are not allowed to fish there, and I rarely see anyone trying. I live like a mile from the duct off the 395 so any additional info I can get would be great. I probally won't getto go until next year since I didn't get my license this year, but I want to be prepared.

M@M
09-17-2010, 04:50 PM
I've fished at hwy 395, it's just Noisy!:Fishing Hole:

bigblant
09-21-2010, 09:06 PM
I slowed down to read the sign, it said do not enter the aquaduct, but there is a picture of water and I didn't see anything that says no fishing. I think they might mean don't go in the water.